Atheists, how do you deal with prayer?

I have found that I do not want to offend the people I love and generally go along with it without comment. How do you deal with people asking if they can "pray for you?" Initially, (I'm a fairly new unbeliever) I felt offended and wanted to take a stance against being a part of something I do... show more I have found that I do not want to offend the people I love and generally go along with it without comment. How do you deal with people asking if they can "pray for you?"

Initially, (I'm a fairly new unbeliever) I felt offended and wanted to take a stance against being a part of something I do not believe in. Now, I see it more as I am standing there doing nothing for a minute because it makes my family or friend feel better. Which is fine, because I love those people no matter how nutty they are. But where/how do you draw the line without being rude/hateful/disrespectful?