promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why is there no mention of Jerusalem in the Koran (not even once) ?

Number of times Jerusalem is mentioned in the Old Testament: 881

Number of times Jerusalem is mentioned in the New Testament: 144

Number of times Jerusalem is mentioned in the Koran: 0

Number of times Palestine is mentioned in either the Old or the New Testament, or the Koran: 0

Update:

Random Guy

Cidnee, is that how you spell it ??? is only 3 years old that is why !!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

because the quran is corrupted.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 years ago

Just to correct your information, the House of God in Jerusalem (Al Aqsa Mosque) is mentioned in the Holy Qur'an repeatedly.

And Palestine is mentioned almost a hundred times in the Old Testament as Philistim or Philistines. You may check Genesis 20:1-18, Genesis 26:1, Genesis 34:21 as sample verses

• anvil
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

It shows how relevant Jerusalem is to the Muslim world except as a toy to a child who does not want anyone else to have it.

It also confirms the central place of Jerusalem,the Holy City, to Jews.

Incidentally El Kuds means Holy City.Which probably means that Mohomed accepted that Jerusalem

was Holy to the Jews.But not Holy enough for any inclusion in the Koran. Especially after the Jews prefered to remain loyal their own original faith ,rather than to Mohamed's Arabian option.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It probably is mentioned but with a different name because the Old Testament is in the Holy Qur'an too

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

From the way I understand it, they identify one place as "the furthest mosque", which they have interpreted to be Jerusalem.

I do point out that interpreted means that's what they think, and so I do make the distinction of explicitly stated and implied since it seems to be very possible that Jerusalem is not the location of that story.

So, while I support a Muslim belief that it's a possible location, I don't believe they have the location right since I don't believe that they have a true story to begin with.

• 7mood
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

based on your very intelligent logic, Israel is mentioned hundreds of times in the Koran so it should belong to muslims.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The mention doesn't give a location of the Al-Aqsa and the mosque was built by the later Calipate Empire, AFTER the Koran & Mohammed.

They've just projected a location, & built the mosque for that location.

Philistines were seafaring people that weren't remotely Arab. Roman renamed Israel to Palestine after their enemies the Philistines, to insult the Israelis on conquering it. So to claim any mention of Philistines has anything to do with current Palestinian Arabs, is to make up stuff. The Koran references Bible stories, hence their mention.

• 8 years ago

Try looking for Al-Aqsa. That's the Arabic name for Jerusalem. Masjid Al-Aqsa is mentioned about 70 times in the Qur'an.

• RG
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I don't know

but i wanna add my own list

Number of times Sydney is mentioned in any religious text = 0 s

Source(s): .... yes makes no sense at all.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Jerusalem is mentioned in the Qur'an just in different names since the Qur'an is in Arabic

just the mosque Masjed el Aqsa.

al ard al moqadasa ( the holy land)

• Greg S
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

the number of times london is mentioned?

the number of times paris is mentioned?

the number of times shanghai is mentioned?

the number of times new york is mentioned?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.