What is the average speed of USB 2.0 drive (thumb)?

I tested one and this is the result,

avg read 15mb/s

avg write 5mb/s

Is that good speed?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favourite answer

USB 2.0 has a maximum speed of 60 MB/s. USB 2.0 flash drives on the market are able to reach read and write speeds of up to 34 and 28MB/s respectively. That being the maximum, I would say your speed is probably a little low, but not terribly. Actual speeds are also largely dependent on the USB controller of your motherboard and how many USB devices are simultaneously plugged in.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That's the average for the USB 2.0, if you want to increase speed get a 3.0 port, and btw Teracopy can increase your read/write speed by at least 150%

Source(s): IT Technician, personally uses Teracopy for large amounts of data.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the average speed of USB 2.0 drive (thumb)?

I tested one and this is the result,

avg read 15mb/s

avg write 5mb/s

Is that good speed?

Source(s): average speed usb 2 0 drive thumb: https://biturl.im/sM8q9
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The maximum theoretical speed of usb 2.0 is 60mb/s, actual speed though differs due to hardware limitations etc. but you should still be able to achieve a max 40mb/s. 5 mb/s seems rather slow in comparison.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I would say its fine. It doesn't really matter unless you are constantly pulling data off of of your drive and putting things on it everyday especially big files such as video files if you are a film editor. If you are going to be doing big constant work you should purchase an external hard drive all together.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yup it seems like ok.

• 9 years ago

0mph

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.