Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

You were looking for the proof of a soul?

This is what the "animal" Man does with his time

(the below list is severely truncated due to space limitations)

Fashion and design:

punk goth emo casual formal sporty glamour rappy country surf-y Preppy Girlie Skater Classic Hipster Vintage Chic Grunge Edgy Indie Boho

Preppy Athletic Sophisticated Industrial Jock Tomboy Vintage Casual Rocker

(Each with mulitple Substyles)

Music

African Avant-Garde Blues Comedy music Country Easy listening Electronic Modern folk

Hip Hop Rap Jazz Latin American Pop R&B Rock Ska Western (and many more)

(Each with dozens of subsytyles)

Literature Styles

Antagonist/Archenemy · Characterization · Deuteragonist · False protagonist · Focal character · Foil character · Protagonist · Supporting character ·

Tritagonist · Viewpoint character Plot Climax · Conflict · Dénouement · Dialogue · Dramatic structure · Exposition · Falling action · Plot device · Subplot ·

Trope-Cliché Figure of speech · Imagery · Literary technique · Narrative mode · Stylistic device · Suspension of disbelief · Symbolism · Tone Fable-Parable ·

Fabliaux · Fairy tale · Flash story · Folktale-Legend · Hypertext · Novel · Novella · Play · Poem · Screenplay · Short story · Adventure · Comic · Crime ·

Docufiction · Epistolary · Erotic · Faction · Fantasy · Historical · Horror · Magic realism · Mystery · Paranoid · Philosophical · Political · Romance · Saga ·

Satire · Science · Speculative · Superhero · Thriller · Urban

Visual arts

aerosol art

Architecture – process and product of planning, designing and construction. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as

cultural and political symbols and as works of art.

Arts and crafts Asemic writing Animation Collage Comics Conceptual art Decollage Decorative art Design Fashion design Garden design Graphic design

Motion graphic design Web design Drawing Film Found art Graffiti Illustration Concept art Installation art Mail art Mixed media Painting Photography

Printmaking Etching Lithography Screen-printing Sculpture Typography Video art

Performing arts

Drama, Melodrama, Comedy, Pathos, Stand Up Comedy, Concerts, Symphonies, Belly Dancing Contra Dancing Country and Western Dancing Flamenco

Dance Folk Dance Hip-Hop Jazz Latin Dance Line Dancing Modern Dance Swing Dance Tango Tap Zumba Interpretive Arts

All animals have a brain, some nearly as developed as man's. But only man....does the above.

Our closest physicaly similar "relative" the chimp has managed, stripped sticks and grooming.

If you would just think......beyond the narrow limits of your own pride....you might see....

And that proves a soul how?

It proves we have a far more complex fore-brain. Wow. Tell me something I did not know.

"If you would just think......beyond the narrow limits of your own pride....you might see...." Once again you show that you have no concept of irony.

Where is the pride in admitting that I am just another animal, separated by from the rest just by how big my brain is. If humans died out now there is a good chance that in a few million years the descendants of chimpanzees would be wondering about the fall of this ancient civilization.

But you claim that we are special, different from all others with a shiny soul that no other creature has.

Who is the prideful one here?

For a clue - find a reflective surface and look in it.

It is because they do have a soul but it is full of the bad spirit. The devil is a liar and what may seem good can be very bad and what seems bad can be very good. To address the "porn" issue someone brought up I am a Christain and we are not without sexual desire so while I search for a husband I am quite vulnerable to sexual temptation. I am a sinner no doubt but how does that disprove that I have a sou?. Souls need fed and we sometimes do allow the wrong thing in there. There is nothing wrong with sex just sex outside of marriage is sin.

I think you overestimate the "superiority" of the modern human. Plus all those are products of our brains (which although special, isn't really THAT special).

Facts:

--Neanderthals had a larger brain than modern Homo sapiens

--Homo sapiens have existed for 200,000 years, developed agriculture only 10,000 years ago, developed civilization only 5,000 years ago, developed the scientific method only 500 years ago.

--The interactions between chimps, bonobos, other great apes and even some "lower" animals are actually quite sophisticated if you cared to study them a little.

--most of our cousins and ancestors have lived for a couple million of years while modern man has been around for only 200,000 so we still have a long way to go to prove our relative evolutionary success.

Actually Neanderthals, which were related to us in a similar way as apes today, did have things like art, music and other cultural activities. This proves that humans are not the only ones that can develop these things, given enough time and the right conditions.

• If I would look beyond the limits of MY pride?

First off, your avatar is a lion. Just sayin'.

Secondly, how is it prideful that I am able to see myself as just another animal except the only difference is that my brain is far more developed due to and only due to communication needs?

Thirdly, how is it NOT prideful of YOU that you would claim that you have a "soul" and other animals do not? Are somehow better than they are?

• Robin

Just because you say that's proof, doesn't mean it is.

And using the old argument that everyone else is full of pride is ridiculous. Every time you do this sort of thing you lose even more credibility... mostly because you are trying to play on people's emotions to get them to agree with your perception.

You assume I don't think there is such thing as a soul, but you are wrong. But what I call soul is the same as consciousness, and I believe it arises from the brain, and not from the some metaphysical source.

• Bob

birds sing

various animals do mating dances

termites build great colonies

bugs lift many times their own weight

humans cant fly or swim underwater like fish

we arent so special

you are just a vain christian

yes humans are ostensibly more advanced than other animals, doesnt mean there is a god

animals have many qualities that we dont, it is all relative, suitable to the environmet we find ourselves in, it is called natural selection.

WHA????

Having an interestingly complex brain = there has to be something supernatural about it?

Man, I knew you were a little hard of thinking, but you might at least TRY.

• 'All animals have a brain, some nearly as developed as man's'

You examples show that this empty claim is utter nonsense. Humans have VASTLY more developed mental capabilities, this does not require a 'soul' (whatever THAT is supposed to be!) they have simply broken through an important 'logic' barrier. -Well... SOME of us have!