Can I deduct a home office on my taxes?

Can someone please tell me if this is an eligible tax deduction? I'm a call center employee for a company that provides me with a W-2. The company has a main office nearby where many of our employees work out of. Once you reach a certain level of training, the company will allow you to take the option of... show more Can someone please tell me if this is an eligible tax deduction?

I'm a call center employee for a company that provides me with a W-2. The company has a main office nearby where many of our employees work out of. Once you reach a certain level of training, the company will allow you to take the option of telecommuting. It's optional; it's not required. I telecommute from home almost exclusively. The company provides me with a computer and about $30/month reimbursement for expenses.

Is this an eligible tax deduction for myself? I'm reading that it's eligible if it's " An office in your home used for your employer's convenience." I'm not sure if it would be considered for my employer's convenience, since the telecommuting program is optional and is more of a benefit for long-term employees than a convenience for the employer. It is certainly a convenience for the employer also though, since it would probably be more expensive to them to keep me in-house than allow me to work from home. Would I be able to deduct the costs of internet/phone/electricity/etc less the cost of the $30/mo reimbursement on my federal taxes this year?