Are phone sex operators essentially like prostitutes?

In the sense that they are paid to accept you for your sexual fantasies, preferences and fetishes? I've been using a phone/webcam sex service for a few weeks, and I really feel I've connected with this one operator who is aware of my fetishes, and she says I'm cute, gives plenty of advice and chats... show more In the sense that they are paid to accept you for your sexual fantasies, preferences and fetishes?

I've been using a phone/webcam sex service for a few weeks, and I really feel I've connected with this one operator who is aware of my fetishes, and she says I'm cute, gives plenty of advice and chats with me even when I haven't paid for a session. Is she genuinely nice or is she seeing me as nothing more than a customer to entice in purchasing more phone sex sessions?

Also, are the operators genuinely turned on and aroused by the fetishes they discuss during a session or do they sort of grit their teeth with a paycheck in sight?

I feel cynical about the personality of this particular operator, in which see seems unusually nice, friendly and open-minded, and I can't tell if she actually enjoys this or is in this for the money...
Update: Are psychologists and psychiatrists essentially prostitutes by that same argument? In the sense that while they are caring and friendly toward their patients, they simply expect a paycheck from the patient or write a Valium prescription to make money?