Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

What are some of your favorit recipes? ?

It doesn't matter what just any type of dinner or snacks recipe it could be fancy or simple quick meals. I need new ideas other than spaghetti or tacos lol any unique recipes too?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mexican Lasagna – One of my husband’s favorites. I rarely make casserole type dishes but this one is special. You can make it as spicy or mild as you like.

1 lb hamburger

1 sm onion

½ tsp garlic powder

2 cans diced tomatoes

1 can black beans - rinsed and drained

1 can whole kernal corn - drained

1 pkg Taco seasoning (mild, reg or hot)

1 ½ cp sour cream

1 ½ cp cottage cheese

4 oz can chopped green chilies (even if you like it mild use at least a few chilies)

1 bag corn chips

½ lb shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325*. In a lrg skillet brown the hamburger, drain. Stir in the onion and garlic. Let that cook over low heat while you rinse and drain the beans and corn. Add the tomatoes to the skillet. Stir in the taco seasoning till well blended. Add beans and corn.

In a med bowl stir the sour cream, cottage cheese and green chilies together till well blended.

Spray a 13”x9” oven dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 of the meat over the bottom of the oven dish. Layer with 1/2 of the sour cream mixture, sprinkle with corn chips and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Slide the dish into the oven and bake 15 min to blend flavors and melt cheese.

Easy Beef Stroganoff - A fav of mine. Noodles are traditional but it's good on a potato too.

1 lb hamburger

1 sm onion, chopped

1 8oz pkg sliced mushrooms

1 12oz jar Heinz fat-free beef gravy

½ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp pepper

1 8oz container fat-free sour cream

4 med baked potatoes OR 12 oz egg noodles, cooked

Brown and drain the hamburger. Add onion and fry another 3-5 min or until onion is opaque. Add the gravy, mushrooms, garlic powder and pepper and stir together. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.

While that cooks prepare the potatoes or noodles, depending on which you plan on using. I prefer to microwave the potatoes rather than using the regular oven. When they’re ready stir in the sour cream and serve over the potato/noodles.

Chicken Pot Pie - We love this one. It doesn’t take any time to throw together and it’s delicious. Be sure to read the note at the end or the crust may not turn out well.

2 cps of cooked chicken

¾ cp frozen corn

½ can green beans

¾ cp frozen sliced carrots

¼ cp frozen peas

1 jar Heinz Chicken Gravy

1 ¾ cp Bisquick

1 egg

2/3 cp milk

Preheat the oven to 375* In a med bowl stir together the chicken chunks, corn, green beans, carrots and gravy. Set aside. 2 ½ to 3 cps of any fresh, canned or frozen veggies can be used.

In another bowl mix the Bisquick with the egg and milk. Stirring just till blended.

Spray a deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. (It can also be cooked in 4 smaller single serving dishes, 10-12 oz size) Spoon the chicken gravy mixture into the prepared pan. Spoon the Bisquick mixture over the filling. IMPORTANT DO NOT try to put the top crust it in the middle and spread it out. It will be too thick in the middle to cook through. You must put spoonfuls around the edges, maybe an inch or so apart and then a spoonful or two in the middle. Spread it out as evenly as possible. Bake 25 min or until the crust is golden brown.

Cilantro Chicken - This is a recent addition to my recipe box but one that I LOVE. Cilantro is one of my fav flavors ever!

1 Tbls olive oil

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips

½ tsp chili powder

1 Tbls minced garlic

½ cp dry white wine

1 Tbls butter

1/3 cp chopped fresh cilantro

1 can diced tomatoes w/chilies

1 fresh lime

2 cps cooked brown or white rice

Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish

Heat olive oil in skillet over med-hi heat; add chicken and seasonings, cook until chicken is fully cooked and lightly browned. Add wine and simmer 2 min. Stir in butter. Drain the tomatoes and add them. Squeeze in the lime and add the cilantro. Serve over the rice. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh cilantro. Serves 4.

Chunky Taco Soup – This is really easy and everyone loves it! My husband begs me to make it more often.

1 lb hamburger

1 med onion, chopped

1-15 oz can black beans

1-15 oz can pinto beans

2-14 oz cans diced tomatoes w/green chilies - undrained

1-15 oz can creamed corn

1 pkg taco seasoning

3 cps water

Broken tortilla chips

Shredded cheddar cheese

Sour cream

1/4 cp fresh cilantro, minced

In a large kettle, brown hamburger and drain off the oil. Add the onion and fry another 3-5 min until the onion is done.

Rinse the pinto beans, and black beans with water in a colander. Add them to the pot. Stir in the diced tomatoes, creamed corn, water, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 min. Sprinkle with cilantro. Ladle into bowls and top with broken tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and sour cream.

• 8 years ago

-meat loaf recipe from Lipton soup. serve this with some cheddar cheese on or in it and it tastes like a cheeseburger with onions

-sunday beef roast done in a dutch oven

-breaded pork cutlets [dip in egg and crushed crackers, brown on one side, turn, turn heat down, when done through turn up the heat and crisp them on both sides

Husband's delight from allrecipes.com this is noodles and hamburger and cheese and tomatoes with a sour cream/cream cheese toppings. Really good.

-lasagna

-ham is a great idea, and so easy just to heat it through and serve. Serve it for supper with a side of your choice like broccoli/cheese/rice casserole. or sweet potatoes, or cheddar cheese potatoes. Keep the leftovers for hot ham and cheese sandwiches, or cubed into mac and cheese,

• 8 years ago

Homemade bread. I make regular and dip it in olive oil and pepper like macaroni grill does it, cinnamon sugar bread, peanut butter bread...n the list goes on

Homemade pizza

Pigs on a blanket

Spaghetti with meat and mushroom sauce garlic bread

Sushi or norimaki

Buffalo chicken and ranch

...I'm hungry :(

• 8 years ago

grate any cheese you have[ hard -stale-old white red or blue] lying in the back of your fridge [you know its there] into a bowl add worcester sauce hot english mustard or horseradish white pepper cayenne and an egg and mix-meanwhile lightly toast one side of some sliced bread remove and cover the untoasted side with the cheese and cook till bubbling[should souffle because of egg] serve while hot

us beer drinkers like to add something into the cheese mix but too much is less to drink

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Chocolate cake, pasta, fajhitas, hot dogs, potato wedges, fish and chips and sausage roll!!!!!!!

Source(s): I luv food!!!
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.