Is it safe to use my Jack LaLaine Power Juicer after cleaning out mold?

I forgot to clean my juicer after using it. When I opened it a week later there was mold in it that resembled green and gray cotton candy. I cleaned it with soap, soaked it in hot water, cleaned it with soap again. Is it safe to use?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

    Sounds like you did a good job of cleaning it, but if you want to be sure it is clean of mold etc.; boil some water, remove from heat, add a few drops of clorox (bleach) and pour the the bleach mixture over the juicer parts that were moldy. Then rinse with hot water.

    No, the bleach won't kill you. I've been adding a little bleach to my dish washing liquid for years. Not the one I use in the dishwasher, the Dishwashing liquid I use for hand washing pots, knives etc.

  • 3 years ago

    particular that's precise worth procuring my aunt in uncle been having theres for better or much less 2 years now the aptitude Juicer Deluxe has each and each and each and all the main acceptable advertising advantageous properties of our classic juicer. It’s new stainless end and as much as this point helpful factors upload acceptance to any kitchen. the amazing standard overall performance induction motor and surgical stainless blades grant clean, nutrient wealthy juice to help advance your capacity for right this moment's irritating way of life. Deluxe helpful factors comprise: Non-Drip Spout Surgical-extreme high quality stainless-metallic Blade Whisper-Quiet Operation particular Patented Extraction technologies can provide as much as 30% better juice than distinctive juicers* extreme standard overall performance 3,600 RPM Induction Motor with an entire life assure better suitable-large around Chute contains optimal end result and vegetables large-Sized detachable Pulp Collector Dishwasher shelter integrated protection helpful factors Relic66~~?

  • 8 years ago

    If your worried just spray or wipe with white vinegar ... it will kill any mold and is very safe. by the way bleach wont kill mold it just bleaches it to a nutural colour.

    Source(s): I am a scientist that works in pathology and i work with mold everyday.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Just do a fanal rinse with hot water and dry and it will be ok to use.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.