Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

how the fighting of American soldiers compared to that of German and Russian soldiers during WW2?

and why?

what do many American soldiers of today think of documentaries showing fighting and battles of Russian and German soldiers during WW2? and why?

Never underestimate the courage and skill of the german army , they were hamstrung from the start by poor leadership (Hitler) but they were the best in training & equipment

The Russian were poorly lead badly trained ( sorry in many cases no training at all ) and badly equipped with the notable exception of the T34 tank . They succeeded because of vast numbers they could throw at the germans

The Americans had the advantage of very good training and equipment but if we are grading them it would be after the british and germans

And lastly but not in the least the british not all that good equipment and the leadership could have been a lot better but as soldiers on a par with the germans

Source(s): 15 years ADF cav

I think most people are aware of how intense the fighting was between the Germans and the Soviets.

I'm not sure how it was when fighting the Germans but American troops were absolutely ruthless against the Japanese. There was nothing easy about the Pacific War. The Japanese military was barbaric. The way they treated prisoners. The way they fought. Americans met ruthlessness with ruthlessness. The Yanks hated the Japanese. Mutilation of dead Japanese soldiers wasn't uncommon. The Japanese were regarded as subhuman by many Americans. Much how the Germans regarded the Soviets as subhuman. The Japanese were no different. They thought themselves superior to everyone else.

My grandfather on my fathers side fought in the US army (101st airborne 502nd 2 combat jumps 9 think thats what my uncle told me) and my grandfather on my mothers side fought for the german army (fallschirmjager no combat jumps 100% sure) no BS both paratroopers if the German army had invaded russia 1st and didn't fight a war on two fronts they would have destroyed the Russians, and had Rommel been the 'fuhrer' there is a very high possibility the Germans might have rules Europe, but both the German and Americans soldiers had great fighting spirit, i studied the germans before the UK and US got involved and their technology was greatly superior they were some of the fiercest troops ever, the Americans pulled victory from the ashes of defeat many times, the russians just swarmed the Germans. had stalin not been their leader they would have been a superior fighting force.

Source(s): (Not my account) My grandfather who fough for the germans was a crack shot and iron hard man who never gave up, if he applied that into the war then i would understand why the germans were so tough and to this day he still does not regret fighting and said had his country not surrendered he would have fought on and my US army grandfather was natural leader and a fanatical soldier,

Main difference i think is that Americans fought battles in ways to take the least amount of casualties as possible. Hitler and Stalin were not too much worried about casualties. Just look at American casualties vs German and Russian. German military deaths: 5,530,000 Russian: 8,800,000

American: 416,800 United Kingdom: 383,800

• J A S

They are destroying these countries by using radio active weapons causing deformities in birth also killing off the wild life