Is distilling for personal consumption legal in Michigan?

I know that it's perfectly legal to brew your own beers here, but as a recent discussion in my household came up due to that silly Shiners show, we want to know if it is legal to distill a personal stock of liquor for personal consumption if there is no sales being made between us and another party. So, my... show more I know that it's perfectly legal to brew your own beers here, but as a recent discussion in my household came up due to that silly Shiners show, we want to know if it is legal to distill a personal stock of liquor for personal consumption if there is no sales being made between us and another party.

So, my main question is...can I distill my own spirits with out having to worry about breaking any laws?
Update: Why do they sell stills and all the necessary product to make corn whiskey on the shelf right next to the still if it is definitely illegal to distill your own liquor for personal consumption? And I'm not talking like an 80gallon still. There isn't like a maximum you can make before it becomes illegal?