why is it ok to criticize Christianity and the West but not to criticize Islam and Muslim culture?

Why does it seem that moking or criticizing the West or Christianity is completely acceptable socially, but when criticism of Islam and Muslims culture is done it is regarded as intolerant, racist, and unacceptable? for example, posting the evils done by christianity seems ok but posting facts against Islam is somehow not ok. why?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

....because politicians are idiots. Political correctness is ruining the world.

Burn the Quran day was seen as vile and evil, meanwhile you have Muslims burning Bible's and churches in Islamic countries.

You would think that Muslims would speak up against political correctness, because it makes them look like violent animals who go on a rampage the moment someone openly voices disgust for their religion.

• David
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Because Christianity teaches the turning of the other cheek.

Christians aren't encouraged to retaliate violently, whereas Muslims are taught that it is sinful to NOT execute someone who bashes their religion.

When Roland Emmerich directed the disaster film "2012" he included a scene that depicted the destruction of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel in Rome, and the Christ the Redeemer Statue in Brazil. When asked why he was unfair (destroying Christian monuments and not Islamic ones), he responded "I would've, honestly I wanted to [depict the destruction of Mecca and the Kaaba], but we can't do that. We'll have a Fatwa against us."

So, people pick on Christians because they know they will not retaliate.

When "South Park" creators bashed the Virgin Mary, the Catholic Church spoke out against the episode. When they insulted Muhammad (by portraying him as a bear with pedophiliac tendencies) a bomb threat was delivered to Comedy Central headquarters.

Jesus Himself knew the world would be like this. That's why He said "Don't worry if the world hates you. Know that it has hated Me before it hated you."

All we can do is pray, stay close to God, and vote the right way. People in office don't belong there if they support the insults against Christianity but not Islam!

• 8 years ago

Most of what people say about Islam is incorrect. It is a very peaceful religion. Any one who has read up on this knows it. I believe the reason it seams more acceptable to criticize the christian religion is because there are so many Christians who say they are christian but go out and act un christian like. In the Jewish and Muslim religion you dont see that *** much.

• Rebecca5 years agoReport

You have heard of Alqaeda and ISIS correct? Aren t they, in the worst way, going out of there way to be un Muslim like? While they may be in the minority, are there not moderates or hypocrites in Islam? People are people, no matter what religion they follow. There will always be hypocrites.

• 8 years ago

The multicultural left are under the impression that "Islam" is a "foreign culture" and should be protected and be immune from criticism, and anyone who criticizes Islam should not be allowed to express themselves openly.

It's completely unreasonable political correctness that never solves anything.

An honest conversation about Islam needs to start happening.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Mohammad forbid questioning his (allah's) word. Basically too much digging would have made his lies crumble like a pack of cards, its all built on sand.

The civilized west is fearful of aiming any critique towards Islam as the murder of innocents is deemed an acceptable retaliation.

Mo's CULT has no place in the 21st century.

• 8 years ago

The same reason that a congregation of Muslims can shut down one of the busiest sections of New York city in order to pray publicly, and hardly anything is said. But, one christian can kneel on a football field to give glory to God and the whole country comes unglued on him.

Satan is the Prince of the Power of the Air in this world. This is his kingdom. He rules it. Christ said, "My kingdom is not of this world." Christians are at a disadvantage in this world. Whether Muslim, Hindu, Buddist, atheist, or any other religion, the large majority of the world are anti-christ.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father but by me." And, he is. And all those who reject him, reject God. That is why christians come under attack from all sides when we speak out for God. Satan is a liar and he only attacks the truth. So, his followers are the same.

• 8 years ago

Are you kidding me? As an atheist I obviously think both are deluded but ...

... christianity orders its followers to kill all infidels?

... christianity mandates the stoning of rape victims (actually, the OT does say that, hmm)?

... christian evil plays a pivotal role in the coming of the anti-muhammed?

... christians must be savage barbarians because it says so in the bible?

I'm quite well versed in the Quran and hadiths and, to be honest, a lot of criticism is not entirely fair. Which is ridiculous, because Islamic text are full of immorality, cruelty, contradictions, absurdities etc. The entire strawman dance really isn't necessary unless you happen to be too lazy to read before you attack.

• 8 years ago

I dont know the Muslim faith that well.

Im sure if atheists were allowed to be open in the Middle East all they would do is rail on Islam.

(Meaning Middle Eastern atheists talk about religion)

• 8 years ago

first of all criticizing is it self prohibited in all religion, all religion says not to interfere in others belief . but i would like to make you understand if a christian or others religion people commits a big crime it is not a big news but if az muslim commits a small crime it is talk of the town, i know that you will say "terrorism is not small crime" but i will let you know that islam religion does not say them to do terrorism, and word jihad exact meaning is strive but not struggle, say defend your enemies only when attack you and attack them only when they are about kill you, but people manipulates these and use as key to full fill their achievements. and if you notice Osama killed hundereds of innocents people in US but US killed thousands of innocents people in afganithan, but people only consider osama as terrorist but not US this just example you disside by your self

• Duck
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's all okay. If I wanted to post something against widget-worshippers, I'd do it. But, there's a line that you can't cross. If you say "Here's why I don't believe what they believe ...", that's fine. If you say, "Here's why all the widget-worshippers are going to hell" that's a bit hateful, and if you say "This is why widget-worshippers should be eliminated from the planet", that's wrong.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.