PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU ARE A BLACK MALE. THANK YOU?

Hiya, okay where to start? I've been with my boyfriend for about six months and he's a lovely person, i love him very much, but he's...not what i've been brought up to expect from a man. I'm a middle class white girl and he's a mixed raced African boy. The first time he hit me was when we... show more Hiya,
okay where to start? I've been with my boyfriend for about six months and he's a lovely person, i love him very much, but he's...not what i've been brought up to expect from a man. I'm a middle class white girl and he's a mixed raced African boy.
The first time he hit me was when we were arguing over naked photo's of girls he had on his phone and messages suggesting they slept together. It was a heated argument and admittedly i did wrong, lost my temper and slapped his chest. He retaliated and slapped my face. Now bear in mind although i'm taller for a woman, 5'11, he's about 6'2 and plays American football, so he's huge. But he says his actions were reasonable and that his mother raised him never to accept being hit by anyone.
Another thing that bothers me is that sometimes when we play fight he pins me down and won't let me up, even though he can obviously tell i don't like it. It's gotten to the point where i've bitten his hands before to make him let go, but he thinks it's a game.
Even when we have sex he expresses dominance in a forceful way.
But the thing that really got me was that when we were in bed and having a playful argument, you know the ones where you argue over whether cabbage is better than lettuce, that sort of thing, i put my hand over his mouth so i could tell him why lattuce is better and he pushed my face in to the matress, wrapped his hands round my neck and told me never to do that again, which i thought was maybe a bit extreme?
Am i over reacting? Is this just a culture thing?

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxx
48 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.
Additional Details
Yeah i know i shouldn't have hit him, but it was his chest not his face and it wasn't hard. I'm not complaining i just never have been in a situation like this before. I've always dated gentlemen and yes my mother did teach me never to date men of color, but i love him. AND IS IT NOT JUST CUTLURAL? Can i change him?
Update: oh i know that there are black gentlemen but my point was my mum taught me not to date non white men because she thought they were dangerous.