KahlanAmnell asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Very worried about my dog- Please Help!?

I have a Bichon Frise whose four years old. Ever since last night, she's been acting very strange and unlike herself. Usually in the morning, she jumps off my bed (she sleeps with me at night) and joins my parents' in their room, but this morning, she sat on the ground whining and crying. I thought she needed to go to the bathroom, but she didn't lead me to the door like she usually does. Then this morning, we've noticed that she would walk really slow, and she didn't jump on our couch or beds. Then she started shaking for no reason, even though the house was comfortably warm, and she's never done this before (except for after taking a bath)

We took her to the vet this morning, and the vet checked her spine, legs, and neck, and she said our dog has nothing broken and her joints were fine. Except for a 1 degree temperature, Diamond was okay. However, the vet did do a blood sample and said we would get the results tomorrow.

However, everyonce in a while, Diamond will start shaking for no apparent reason. She's usually a very energetic and loving dog, but today she's been acting very strange (her tail down, still walking slowly, looking timid/sad) I don't know what's the matter with her and it's really begining to worry me.

So I'm asking for your help. Do you have any ideas or advice? I'm thinking she may have a cold. her fever is gone, but she still continues to shiver (unless we cover her with a blanket) Any help will be deeply appreciated, thank you for your concern!!!

Is she eating normally? Do her stools look normal?

She is definitely in pain. If she's feeling cold, then put a baby T-shirt or something on her to help her feel warm. Could be just fear, though. Some dogs get very scared when they're in pain.

It *could* still turn out to be a back injury. Just a few weeks ago one of my dogs behaved in a similar fashion, and I figured it was his back but took him into my vet to be sure. My vet did all sorts of manipulations, even rough ones (made me cringe a bit, but I have total trust in this vet), with no reaction at all from my dog. He finally resorted to sticking needles in along the dog's spine, getting minor or no response until he reached mid-back, when my dog leaped and whirled around. So we finally knew where the injury was... I asked if we should do an X-ray, but my vet shook his head and said it wasn't necessary (he is the best diagnostician I've ever met, and it's going to kill me in a few years when he retires.....) He prescribed some Deramaxx, and my dog felt MUCH better by the next morning. Within 48 hours was his usual bouncy self. Of course, I had to restrict his activity for about a week so he wouldn't aggravate the injury. Very important to give injuries time to heal, even after the dog *thinks* he's fine.

BTW, congrats on taking Diamond to the vet right away. So often we read on this forum about owners who simply won't spend the money to take their dog in for medical attention. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that whatever is wrong with Diamond isn't serious, and that she will soon be back to normal!

Usually when a dog shakes, it's because they are cold, sick, in pain, anxious, nervous, excited or scared. It sounds like your dog is shaking because something is causing her pain. If I was you, I would call the vet back and tell him how she is acting and see what they suggest you can do until you get the bloodtest results back tomorrow, to get her more comfortable. If your vets office is closed for the day, the you can call an Emergency Vet (open 24/7) explain to them what is going on with your dog and what your vet has done so far and they may be able to give you an idea as to whether it may be pain or something else that is causing your dog to shake and what to do. I hope your dog is better soon. Poor thing sounds like she is miserable.

• eno

This is consistently a difficult choice to make. Certainly 2 domestic dogs that recognise each and every different good ample to play difficult will also be an open invitation for a 3rd (or fourth, or 5th) puppy to turn out to be overly difficult, and someday downright competitive. My puppies are 2 months aside, simply out of puppyhood, and I used to discover this to be a routine hindrance. Dog parks are a complex difficulty as a rule. On the only hand, they present tons of loose area for walking and gambling, that is certainly well for dogs that must self-activity. They get to satisfy different puppies, they are able to gain knowledge of plenty approximately puppy etiquette, meet new persons, and as a rule, have plenty of a laugh. This is how I considered puppy parks till approximately six months in the past. The down aspect to puppy parks, and it is not to be taken flippantly, is that, essentially, they are able to be hazardous. You do not know what sort of puppy with what sort of problems goes to stroll by way of the gate subsequent. People do not always hold a watch on what their puppy is doing, who it is harassing, and your puppy can opt for up dangerous behaviour as conveniently as well behaviour. Six months in the past, I had a good socialised, blissful German shepherd that cherished the puppy park. One afternoon at our constant puppy park, with tons of puppies and persons that we knew round, she was once % attacked by way of 2 huskies that I'd by no means noticeable earlier than, nor due to the fact. The homeowners have been 50m away. The puppies had my shepherd at the flooring and blood drawn earlier than the persons even realised whatever was once going down. Now I have a puppy that is petrified of puppies her possess dimension, and has dominance problems with small puppies. It was once a one-off occasion that transformed her persona entirely. That being mentioned, I do not wish to place you off puppy parks entirely, however I suppose, for those who do wish to head, be shrewd approximately it. Go at a low visitors time of the day, both previous or later than the gang. Take a ball, treats, or anything you understand will distract yours puppies for those who must pull them out of any crisis spots. The first couple of instances you pass, be certain you've a man or woman for each and every puppy you are taking. Leash and unharness your puppy on the gate - not anything is extra threatening for your puppy than being tied up in a park filled with loose-roaming puppies. Read up a bit of bit approximately puppy frame language so you'll spot troublemakers, and steer your puppy away to one more facet of the park if integral. Have a laugh, however be reliable, and I'm definite your puppies will benefit from the occasional talk over with to the park. Good success!

You should also take a fecal sample to the vet. My dog acted just like this when sge had gastroenteritis.

cover her with a blanket and have somebody go to the vet/pet store for vitamins for ur puppy(even though shes 4 she's always a puppy to me) if that doesnt help just let her rest, and take her to the vet if it continues.

Vet Research.

just stay quiet around her!