How to fix lag between Vizio LCD tv and Xbox 360?

Whenever I plug my xbox into my tv, there's a noticeable amount of lag between pressing a button and the actual action occurring. It makes playing video games extremely difficult. I've tried connecting the xbox with the regular av cables and an hdmi cable. So why is it still lagging? Please help.

Favorite Answer

All HD TV's have a slightly later reaction time, but not much. The problem is with your connection, make sure everything connected to your router is turned off and put a password on it so no neighbors can leech off you and slow you down. Use a wired connection if possible.

Make sure all the plugs are connected it in and check the internet connection and it also might be the low hz on the tv. If it's 60 hz then it will lag if it's 120hz it shouldn't lag at all. If it's 32, 37 and maybe 42 inch will be 60 hz.

Hi! I was having the same exact problem with my brand new 42" lcd 3d smart tv (Vizio). After messing around with it for a couple hours i found that -

1. Change the picture mode to game settings

2. Go under settings and turn the game mode "On"

Hope I helped! Have a good day!

Source(s): Self refrence
  • Mike

Put the TV set into game mode.

or:

Turn off smartmotion cinemotion motionfx cinemasmart or anything that sounds similar.

Here's an article to help you out: