Sudden increase in Fabric prices in the store?

I got sticker shock at JoAnn Fabrics today -- a bolt marked $9.99 rang up on their scanner as $12.99! Just plain cotton from the quilters section. The stuff that USED to ge $5.99 two years ago. I was informed that all the prints are going up from $8.99 and $9.99 a yard to $12.99 in January. Is this happening... show more I got sticker shock at JoAnn Fabrics today -- a bolt marked $9.99 rang up on their scanner as $12.99! Just plain cotton from the quilters section. The stuff that USED to ge $5.99 two years ago.

I was informed that all the prints are going up from $8.99 and $9.99 a yard to $12.99 in January. Is this happening everywhere? I'm in Wisconsin.

What a way to make people stop sewing! We can't afford the price per yard soon!
Update: A 100% increase in two years is too much. It's more than a hobby, I make small items, but can't increase MY prices or I loose sales significantly. Using Goodwill clothing isn't going to do it, the skirt prices are $8, I get less than a yard of fabric that way. Rummage sales have VERY used clothing... show more A 100% increase in two years is too much. It's more than a hobby, I make small items, but can't increase MY prices or I loose sales significantly. Using Goodwill clothing isn't going to do it, the skirt prices are $8, I get less than a yard of fabric that way. Rummage sales have VERY used clothing around here, not an option either.