Why am I the only one to dress for the cold appropriately at school?

I'm in eight grade and live in a relatively balanced region. In the winter, it's usually about 20's-30's, and in the summer it's like 80's-90's. Spring and fall is usually in between. In spring, I was the only one to wear a light jacket. Everyone else would always be in shorts... show more I'm in eight grade and live in a relatively balanced region. In the winter, it's usually about 20's-30's, and in the summer it's like 80's-90's. Spring and fall is usually in between.

In spring, I was the only one to wear a light jacket. Everyone else would always be in shorts and short sleeves.

In winter now, I'm the only one with a bulky coat on and like EVERYONE else is still in summer/fall clothes. I mean you'll see a couple people dressed like me occasionally and like 15 people with at least a sweat shirt on and the rest is unprepared. It's like 30-40 outside and it seems like no one to have a problem with it. I once forgot my coat and it was like 35 out and I had to be out for 15 minutes, and I almost got sick. In fact I had low body temperature for the rest of the day and I had long sleeve shirt with pants on that day. Everyone else was like, "No problem."

Why is like this? I'm a little worried because even though I'm not going to change for what other people think (trust me, I do some of the nerdiest things and I don't care about my social status), I'm still a little worried that it makes me look bad like, "Oh he's such a wimp wearing a coat." "A little cold doesn't do anything. Why is he being such a baby? He doesn't look cool?"