Super sad, yet afraid to tell any of my friends b/c I don't want to bring them down on Christmas.?

I have depression that has it's ups and downs. This Christmas I am completely alone. No family, no friends. I've been really sad for a couple of months, and now it just seems worse. I am taking my medication, but I still have crying jags and just feel so lost and empty and have no motivation to do... show more I have depression that has it's ups and downs. This Christmas I am completely alone. No family, no friends. I've been really sad for a couple of months, and now it just seems worse. I am taking my medication, but I still have crying jags and just feel so lost and empty and have no motivation to do anything. I guess my question is, Do I write to a friend or two anyway even though it's Dec. 24th, or should I wait a couple of days? I'm not suicidal, btw. I feel so sad I don't want to live, but I know I will not try to kill myself.
Update: I'd appreciate answers from people who've also had serious depression/loss issues. Saying things like, "Just get happy!" "Just have fun!" is like telling a diabetic to just "get over" the disease. If depression could just be "gotten over", no one would have it b/c... show more I'd appreciate answers from people who've also had serious depression/loss issues. Saying things like, "Just get happy!" "Just have fun!" is like telling a diabetic to just "get over" the disease. If depression could just be "gotten over", no one would have it b/c it sucks. I've lost my son, husband, mother, and one of my closest friends all in the past 2 years. I have many great friends, but the question is still, should I e-mail them right now, and risk being a burden to them, or not?
Update 2: To the person with the friends/no friends response - I live overseas, and my friends have all left for the holidays. I couldn't afford to go to my home country this season.