Matt L. asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

Are US soldiers allowed to get through airport security without a boarding pass?

Are US soldiers allowed to get through airport security without a boarding pass? Was going to try and help my younger cousin find where he needs to go and see her off

Update:

Midas, if you haven't noticed at Airports that Soldiers can go straight through security. No waiting in lines or anything. That's why I asked. Why you hating?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No one can go through security without a boarding pass. However, you <<may>> request a security pass to get through security from the airline desk.

• Martin
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

My local airport used to allow non passengers to go to the gate to meet or see people off but even though it is a small airport that is no longer allowed. Since 9/11 it's ticketed passengers only past security.

Maybe there is a way around it but I am not aware of one and I seriously doubt it, You should at least be able to stay with her until joins the queue for security.

Thanks for being one of America's defenders, and that's coming from a Brit!!.

• Tara
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hi Rose unfortunately you will have to say good bye to your relatives before they go through the security checkpoint.. At least in north America you can come into the airport pre security in many Asian countries you can't even enter the airports. So you will have to say your good byes in the check in area. Hope I helped :)

• 8 years ago

No one is allowed through security without a boarding pass, gate pass or some kind of pass or badge/ credentials. You can request a gate pass from your cousin's airline, but there is no guarantee that they'll give you one.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Generally not.

Depending on the age of your cousin, you can request a gate pass but don't count on it. That is usually reserved to help the elderly, handicapped or to see an Unaccompanied Minor to the gate

• 8 years ago

I dont know how it works where you are but where I live security is completely different to boarding an aircraft. Anyone should be able to get through security without a boarding pass, you just wont be able to get on a plane...

• Raj
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, all need boarding passes.Maybe you don't have to go through security.

• Midas
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

US soldiers need to follow the same rules as everyone else.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No. you must have a valid ticket/boarding pass.

• 8 years ago

NO check TSA for details

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.