Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

what's the difference between the Canon IXUS 115 HS and the 117 HS?

Sorry if this is really simple, but I just couldn't find the difference between the 2 online! Also, if anyone knows of a better alternative for the price, then I'm all ears! (I will mostly be shooting close up pics of products for my website)

I couldn't find the 117 model, but I assume it would be a small step ahead of the 115, but still very similar.

Personally I would NOT want this camera because it only has 4x optical zoom, no viewfinder and has NO manual controls.

Without manual controls you are very VERY limited in what you can do, and very limited in how much you can learn from and grow with the camera. It also not possibly to attach a decent external flash, so all you'll ever have is that very inadequate little thing on the camera.

If you're happy to forever stay on Auto, take simple little snapshots and let the camera decide what to do, then you'll probably be happy enough with it, especially if you intend to only take photos in excellent light conditions - they'll turn out quite well then.

If you want to learn, improve and get creative, then this is not the right tool for you. You need something with more options and more controls.

You are looking at a VERY BASIC little P&S. If you work hard to set up your light tent (or studio) correctly, plus you know a fair bit about post processing, you'll probably get away with it. Personally I regard such a camera as a toy or an emergency backup only, but not as a serious tool.

Canon Ixus 117 Hs

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 39 difference canon ixus 115 hs 117 hs: https://biturl.im/PiTO0
  • The shop it's sold in and the available color.

The exact same camera, the 117 is sold by some retailers as a bundle and helps them avoid price matching deals etc. Long term practice in the camera market.

Whatever you read for the 117 applies to the 115 and vice versa.

Source(s): I got my girlfriend a very good ixus 107 for christmas last year, same as the 105 but specific to jessops in pastel blue with case and card for a very good price. It's just marketing.

There is no such Canon model called the IXUS 117 HS...but the IXUS 115 HS is a very good point and shoot camera, that has good Macro capability. From one review...

"Compared to a lot of other snapshot digital cameras this camera can get in closer to your subject for macro shots. It is also capable of drawing in plenty of light for close up photos. This is an area where cameras can struggle."

From the same review...

"The Canon IXUS 115 HS ticks most of the right boxes for a pocket camera. It has a good set of features without adding too many gimmicky ones that you might not use. Build quality seems to be good. Picture quality is hard to beat by other point and shoot cameras. Recommended."

full review...http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/canon-ixus-115-hs...

full list of all Canon models...http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/cameras

The answer provided by Selina_555 is, as he/she admits, based on assumption.

The 4x zoom should be no problem, as you stated that you will be using it to photograph items in your shop. It excels at shooting close-ups.

Also, this little point and shoot has a 1/2.3 CMOS sensor and a f2.8 28mm lens, combining to perform decent low light performance. In my experience, better than anything you would find in its price range.

Another little surprise from you will get is 1920 x1080p video and high speed 240p video.

Source(s): I own an IXUS 117 HS and other similar p&s and bridge cameras.

1

Source(s): Portraits Techniques http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait/?88H3