Tap broken!!! Turn it but NO water coming out!!! HELP!?

Just turned the tap too hard that it lost it grip, now I turn it water doesn't come out!!! :( Do I need a plumber for this OR I can fix it myself??? Pls HELP!
Update: Hi there! thanks for comments so far, I just want to add a few details to the situation: The tap is a 'Bensham tap', I over turned the hot (left) handle and the hot is not working now, the cold (right) is still working. I only switched the hot water supply under the basin and open up the hot tap, but I... show more Hi there! thanks for comments so far, I just want to add a few details to the situation:
The tap is a 'Bensham tap', I over turned the hot (left) handle and the hot is not working now, the cold (right) is still working. I only switched the hot water supply under the basin and open up the hot tap, but I couldn't quite unscrew the stem of the tap (bloody tight!), so now I am just retarded...
:s