Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Would Rick Perry have a problem with a Muslim public school teacher leading the class in a prayer to Allah?

Or does his plan a for a school prayer Constitutional amendment only apply to prayers made to Born Again Jesus?

Update:

@Sophie: You do realize that there are white Muslims, don't you? And that Jesus wasn't white?

Update 2:

@sms: You're full of sh*t. That's perfectly allowable. Have you heard of the Christian Teens clubs? The Fellowship of Christian Athletes? Rally Around the Flagpole? The idea that kids can't pray before lunch is a big fat Evangelical lie!

Update 3:

@Jojam: Left Texas to burn? What's the matter, did Rick Perry's prayers for rain fall on deaf ears? Or did he forget to smear goat's blood on his face before he did his rain dance?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Gary F
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best answer

Perry thinks that public schools are unconstitutional, but public (Christian) churches are OK. He's insane.

• Riley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Legally the IRS can fully tax all churches in the USA, who have political agendas. Rather than religious agendas, which gives them the tax free threshold entitlement, as being a public place of worship.

If American evangelical religious organizations did this, they can be legally sued, charged and fully tax audited, by the IRS. For breaching the US government IRS tax law threshold, claiming to be a religious organization. When there legally not, by using politics and the constitution, to push there religious and political views onto US society, US laws, the US education system and the US government.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Actually in Texas religious freedom of any kind has been stripped from the schools. People've been arrested for stupid stuff. He tends to respond to stuff that goes on in his state. I honestly think he was running in self defense rather than trying to lead the nation. The federal government cancelled all contracts with fire fighting planes and left Texas to burn. ATF has been trying to level laws against southern states too. Fed has been cracking down on the south, but then you wouldn't have read about it.

Edit : All states are due aid for natural disasters. Of course a selfish asshole like yourself revels in the death and misery of others. Texans pay their taxes just like anyone else.

• 8 years ago

According to the separation doctrine pushed by liberals, no school prayer to any God is permitted. What I have a problem with is having a teacher interfere when a child wants to say grace before lunch.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John G
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

America is Christian by nature. To say Saudi's should pray to Jesus would be hysterical. Separation from govt and schools, not so much because our kids need faith. Now which faith, any faith. Let's pray to them all then get classes rolling, or pray to none like it's meant to be.

• mackie
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Yes he would and so would millions of other Americans of different faiths have a problem with it. Muslim teachers in public schools are not above our laws,or are they?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Do your really think Perry realizes that muslims pray to the same god the christians do?? Come on.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I hope so. I wish we hadn't let you anti-white Christian freaks in our country. I wish we had a country that was just our culture, just like nonwhites are allowed to have. You hateful beeches.

I'm talking about "white Christians," idiot. Yes, I know about those murderous white Muslims in Eastern Europe -- just like their nonwhite counterparts. Took over a school filled with little kids, didn't they? Beslan. Raped little girls until they bled to death. I'm well aware there's white Muslims.

• 8 years ago

Who's Rick Perry ?

• 8 years ago

Exactly! If we allow open prayer in schools we'd have to allow prayer rugs in the class room too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.