If a favourite director of yours releases a movie and gets negative reviews, will you still see it?

Negative, as in any score lower than 50% on rottentomatoes. And not your favourite director, but a favourite. I was thinking about this today and Clint Eastwood's career as a director. About 7 or 8 years ago, he was churning out masterpieces such as Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby. The critics, the... show more Negative, as in any score lower than 50% on rottentomatoes. And not your favourite director, but a favourite.

I was thinking about this today and Clint Eastwood's career as a director. About 7 or 8 years ago, he was churning out masterpieces such as Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby. The critics, the public and various movie fans saw these films, and praised them. Since then, he's only really released one great film, and that's Gran Torino. The rest have been patchy as hell. I haven't seen J. Edgar (and I probably never will) due to its negative reviews. At first glance, it didn't look like my type of movie when the trailer was released but I thought that it may be good. But reviews kind of make me prepare for disappointment. Sure, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas and Natural Born Killers got negative reviews, and they were more than decent films, but heaps and much more negative reviewed films from directors that are respected turn out (well for me) to be utter stinkers. Think Francis Ford Coppola with Jack- awful on such a high level.

Main question: If a favourite director of yours released a movie that got negative reviews, will you see it? Wait for it on DVD?

Main question 2: Say if you just *discovered* a director, and you go and see what movies from the past he/ or she has released, and one of them has gotten bad reviews (it's out on DVD and all). Would you see it?

If you are wondering why I split it up, the first one refers to it being released in cinema, the second one refers to it being released for a long time.

BQ: Favourite Jude Law film?