Making tomato soup without a blender or canned ingredients?

I want to make a sort of minimalist/raw food/vegan type of tomato soup. Im not very experienced in cooking especially making things from scratch. I definitely want to make this for my diet so please give input. I don't quite grasp the concept of the stock/broth. What exactly is it made of, what are the least... show more I want to make a sort of minimalist/raw food/vegan type of tomato soup. Im not very experienced in cooking especially making things from scratch. I definitely want to make this for my diet so please give input.

I don't quite grasp the concept of the stock/broth. What exactly is it made of, what are the least amount of things I would need to make it, and how was it made originally around the time it was invented.

As I said in the title I want to be using the grating method for the tomatos and not a blender, I also don't want to use anything from a can or any milk or butter.

Please tell me how to make a minimalist type of tomato soup first, but feel free to suggest other ingredients for flavor after.

Also if anyone knows any other ways of getting the juice out of the tomatos besides a blender would be interesting too.