Ideas for charity fundraising?

I'm a college student and I've recently become interested in a particular charity and really want to do some fundraising for them. I want to do something quite impressive (I'm not particularly sporty or talented at anything haha, although willing to do any practice that might be needed) but i'm not entirely sure what I could do in order to raise sponsorship money. I don't have a lot of money and I'm not very athletic, so climbing Kilimanjaro might be out of the question, but I wanted to do something a bit more impressive than a 5 mile run or whatever, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, how do I go about getting recognition from this charity? Is there any way I can be "officially" recognised by the charity so people might be more inclined to sponsor me money?

Thank you! :)

• Avalon

Go to the charity you are Interested in helping, who will be really grateful for your support, and they will be able to advise you if they have any fund raising events you might like to take part in, and the best way to obtain sponsorship. They will be happy to officially recognise you as you will be drawing public attention to what the charity does. They may be able to supply you with their own charity t shirt or other insignia. If they have no organized events you want to do they can help you find something more suitable for you.

Because you haven't detailed the charity, I can't link the official site. I can recommend contacting the charity though and researching how credible the charity is.

You can try:

Get Baking

Step by step guide to holding a cake sale with recipes and top tips.

Get Sponsored

There are plenty of activities which you could turn into a sponsored event, with forms and links to all the main sponsorship sites it's easy peasy.

Fancy Dress

Get sponsored to dress up or organise a whole fancy dress day - here you can get all the tips you need to make it a success.

Do a Sports Event

Matt Baker is cycling a Rickshaw from Edinburgh to London - find out how to do your own sponsored sports challenge here.

• ?

Try by getting a free fundraising kit from various websites. It's a great way to learn more about the fundraising options they offer. With the right information and the right tools they can help you make your next fundraiser a success.

All fundraising groups are going to have to sell their items to generate money. Everyone starts with selling to mom and dad then moves on to friends. The more successful the campaign means the more people you will actually have to talk to. Here are a collection of sales tips you can use to help you while you are raising funds.

- Have fun and enjoy what you are doing. It is not necessary to have a canned speech and perform it by memory. You can talk to people and have fun with your campaign, the donors will pick up on this and sales will increase.

- Be honest while making the rounds for sales. You are a representative of your school group.

- People do not want to be told what to do. Your job is to make people feel good about donating to your school group.

- When you get a no, don’t take it personally. The donors are not saying they don’t like you; they just may not care for the product or have the money available at the time.

- For people who are nervous about selling a little preparation is key. By practicing your sales talk it will bring confidence. Again the goal is not to recite something word for word but to talk about your fundraising campaign with confidence. It might sound a little funny but try role-playing if selling is an issue with you. Spend time with people rehearsing just talking and getting past an objection or two.

- Avoid hard selling. There is no need to be pushy while fundraising. People like to help out and also enjoy buying. You may even be able to offer them the chance to show up to school to check out the new equipment, or the new uniforms for the baseball team. By being friendly and a good representative you just might pick up new volunteers along the way.

- If possible get a booth or a table in a high traffic area. Places like malls or local events. This will get you lots of traffic and potential donors that you can approach.

These sales tips are good for whatever sales you might find yourself in. You might even consider these tips good advice for talking to people and relating. Remember interacting with people will serve you better than just about any learned skill taught. A little preparation with these tips will insure that your fundraising campaign is both fun and profitable.

• Creating or Holding a Successful Community Event or Fund Raising Event.

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/stuff/events.h...

Fund Raising For a Cause or Organization

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/stuff/fundrais...

Sports is one of the popular fundraising ideas for charity these days. This site might inspire you.