What happens if you don't pay your car loan, but they can't find your car for repossession?

My little sister live in Atlanta and has a car that she's paying on. I think she's about halfway through the payments on it. She is moving to New York City and wants to take her car. But she's telling me she's just going to store it in a garage in Jersey somewhere and stop making the payments... show more My little sister live in Atlanta and has a car that she's paying on. I think she's about halfway through the payments on it. She is moving to New York City and wants to take her car. But she's telling me she's just going to store it in a garage in Jersey somewhere and stop making the payments because she wants to keep her car for as long as she can.. So they may not be able to locate it for repossession. But I'm scared because can't she be charged with theft? What if like a year goes by and they still haven't repo'd the car? I'm afraid she'll be charged with car theft or something.. She thinks she's slick but I can't talk her out of it! She seems to think that at some point they'll just write it off and maybe even get a judgement against her which will RUIN her credit but she doesn't seem to care! I'm just concerned about any legal action..

Let me know how this works!
Update: Well, I think she's just using a friends home garage.. I honestly hope they find and repo it, but lets just say for arguments sake that they can't find the car. What happens?