What is the difference between "miracles" and "magic", witch-doctors and ministers?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Are they not just different different brands of the same mumbo-jumbo? Different flavours of bone-readers?

...
Update : Diggin' the beard Reg.

:-)

...
Update 2: Hi ((((((sPlaSH))))))) -have a bucks fizz for me!

:-)

...
Update 3: Oh here and there (((((((((((oz))))))))))))))) ((((((((Toker)))))))))) ...show more
Best Answer
  • star answered 2 years ago
"miracles"
an act of God.

"magic"
an act of satan

witch-doctors
sorcerers invoking satan's power

ministers
preacher, priest ... in a church
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (13)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Toke Lover answered 2 years ago
    (((Seals))) babby, I was just thinking about you...

It all depends on your point of view...if you subscribe to one, then it's real & the other is bogus, if you're not sure, then they all have some validity....and if you don't believe in any, then they're all bogus..
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Olga answered 2 years ago
    Sweet Baby Jesus where have you been, (((WizzingWizard)))
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Does Paloma Deserve to Be A answered 2 years ago
    No one ever thanks magick for saving them in a tornado when all the neighbours got blown to buggery and Witch Doctors don't make anything like as much money as a lot of Ministers.

Oh and unlike miracles..... and magick often does happen. But not always in the way you were hoping:

“That's what's so stupid about the whole magic thing, you know. You spend twenty years learning the spell that makes nude virgins appear in your bedroom, and then you're so poisoned by quicksilver fumes and half-blind from reading old grimoires that you can't remember what happens next.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, The Color of Magic
    • 3
    • Comment
  • The angels have the phone box. answered 2 years ago
    Do you actually want me to go into it?

Source(s):

B.A. in anthropology of religions, Masters of Divinity

Glad I didn't waste my time with it then.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • mistery answered 2 years ago
    I think its all just what u believe. Kinda like choosing a religion. Am I baptist, catholic, buddhist, etc...its what u believe that matters. Just don't get caught up n something that don't feel right OR something asking for money
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Splash Frog answered 2 years ago
    Ugh. It's 5 in the morning here. Got to get the turkey in the oven in 2 hours.

((HiSeAlSy))
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Regwah answered 2 years ago
    Tax.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Brandon answered 2 years ago
    Its all the same, its all just labeled differently.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Doug answered 2 years ago
    One man's "witch doctor" is another man's priest. No one calls their own clergy "witch doctors". It is a term invented by white people to describe the religion of others.

Calling it "mumbo jumbo" is your own bias. Your bias is similar to those who coined the term "witch doctor." The only real difference is that you apply it to all religion equally.

Miracles VS Magic is a different issue.

Belief in miracles is the belief that God can do something.

Belief in magic is the belief that I can do something, or another person can do something (beyond our natural abilities).
    • 2
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    Mirror

God Bless
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Be a fair witness answered 2 years ago
    none

yup
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Lost soul answered 2 years ago
    None whatsoever,,,,,,,,,,people are finally starting to this
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Nick answered 2 years ago
    Difference between a miracle and magic is that a miracle is from God, while magic is just a bunch of illusions. The difference between witch-doctors and ministers is that witch-doctors will be playing with fire... for all eternity. Faithful ministers will be enjoying paradise. And notice I said FAITHFUL.

God bless you.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock