Can I claim "head of household" for disabled mother while my girlfriend claims "single" separately on my taxes?

Ok, to be more specific...here is my situation. 1. My mother lives with me. 2. My girlfriend and her two kids also live with me. ( We all live together basically) 3. My Mother receives SSI disability($674 per month) 4. My taxes are filed completely separate from my girlfriend's every year. Now, here... show more Ok, to be more specific...here is my situation.

1. My mother lives with me.
2. My girlfriend and her two kids also live with me. ( We all live together basically)
3. My Mother receives SSI disability($674 per month)
4. My taxes are filed completely separate from my girlfriend's every year.

Now, here her are some more specifics. I want to claim my mother as a disabled dependant while claiming "Head of Household" so i can receive the "earned income credit" since my mother lives with me and I pay for than 50% of the expenses throughout the year.

My girlfriend will claim "single" and will claim her 2 kids as dependants to get her "earned income credit" also....

Based on what you've read so far, can this be done??

I don't want to mess up my Mother's Social Security, and Im pretty unclear on whether or not I can claim head of household for my Mother and I while my girlfriend separately claims "single" for her and her 2 kids. Thank you in advance.
Update: **Update** Wow, thank you all for the answers so quickly!! Now, I understand that my Mother doesn't qualify for EIC because she isn't my kid of course, but I thought I would get somewhere in the range of $1,300 for providing for my disabled parent. Does anybody know anything about this?