If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one?

What the f**k?

Update:

Sorry, i meant having more than one husband.

Update 2:

Some of you guys DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION..ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

See some of my recent answers. Who says male here have EVER had even ONE WOMAN yet. That is the product of attaining perfection and having ones genetic material and health, form, mind etc. corrected to remove sin and imperfection.

To date, males have only had some form of life similar to them and said life had an opening that could receive sperm from somewhere and make a baby somehow.

With that in mind, why would a WOMAN want even one of what this planet defines as male currently. Wouldn't it be better to wait until God rules earth during judgement to correct it and then see if maybe a WOMAN could have 4 HUSBANDS rather than one male something that has sperm somewhere and may be making babies with her (which babies are born dying by the way)?

Just thinking on my feet so to speak!

Hugs,

Debbie debbiepittman@yahoo.com

Edit. WOMAN/Women can't make babies that die as they are end result of God's creation and rulership, not the beginning. First female had NO mother or father to leave. She was made from perfect genetic material using a rib part to make her resemble the male and then she was put on earth to help care for earth and restore God's will for making earth a home suitable for eternal life and putting an end to sickness and death. Romans. 6:23, etc.

EDITED TO ADD: Pregnant women not only are NOT unavailable for sex, their drives increase 4-5 times their normal capacity. They can carry many babies at once and they can become pregnant while pregnant already. I know, I HAVE done so.

It is obviously males who do not know that WOMEN don't exist yet that write these stupid textbooks. As far as I can tell, it seems that males of the human race are messing with what may be other male hominids who were weaker. It is a common theme in earthly life forms that the individual can switch sexes to cause babies. So it seems most mating has been human males of some form mating with male hominids....don't see where the women are still in that genetic cess pool you got started. Seems a big nasty petree dish of disaster.

EDITED TO ADD: Additional note: Any modern woman familiar with exponential English rather than current simplified version could use said knowledge to alter her physiology as desired. Exponential English translates several layers of information besides normal linguistic discussion. It provides chemical formulae/recipes, mathematical equations, and energy generating information to allow her to adapt herself for any problem, illness, chemical contaminent using simple housewife and home items with no great expense to self, no laboratory other than the standard chemical shed you call a kitchen. It requires no banks, no committees to discuss financing, no laws to say it is write/wrong, no permission from males etc.

Are you all just screwy around here? Serious people. Get brains and learn to think.

A side point: I'm presenting a number of reports shortly for consideration and information sharing and also providing tissue samples and self for certain controlled reasonable experiments to confirm data.

Working with Jehovah's Witnesses. Best of luck to the rest of you seemingly happy saps!

Source(s): Bible, history, religions, science, internet, etc.
  • 8 years ago

Good question, and here's an honest answer. If you read the Hebrew Bible or the Koran, you will find references about what happens to couples before they marry. In these scriptures, the woman is always treated as the property of the future husband and should she be harmed, raped or killed, the person who did it is answerable to the future bridegroom and his family. This meant that women were considered property, sorry, but its true. The basis for the revenge could be money, an eye for an eye, or if it was an accident, forgiven. But the message is: women belong to men and therefore men set the rules, men make the words that describe both sexes and men are not about sharing, i.e., allowing a woman the same rights as he has.

It was only during WWI and WWII that they stopped calling psychotic breaks "hysterics" because they believed up until that time, that only women were "weak willed" enough to lose their faculties that way. However, with the advent of War, it was now called "shell-shocked." Quit a big difference from "hysterics," isn't it?

So, men made the rules. Not fair, but even today it still has effect in our lives.

• I'm pretty sure that Islam is against homosexuality, so I don't think they are cool with a woman having even one wife.

Edit:

I am curious on that one also. Islam considers the prophets of the Bible to be true prophets, and the fact that some of them (such as Jacob or King David) had more than one wife may be the justification for it. But one of the biggest prophets of Islam, Jesus (the one Christians know as the Christ or Messiah) was pretty adamant about men sticking to only one wife just as God had designed it.

• 8 years ago

The origins of polygamy result from the fact that women give birth.

If men are always having sex with multiple women, many women are going to get pregnant. Once the woman is pregnant, she is "useless" in terms of sex, as in having a child.

Men, on the other hand, can have sex repeatedly and will never stop being able to fertilise the egg, meaning they are always useful.

So, if polygamy worked the other way around, the population would be lower.

Onwards.

Do you realise that polygamy is not just a Moslem practise? In fact, our cousins the apes and monkeys all practise it, as did humans for centuries. Ancient Indians, Egyptians and Chinese peoples all practised it to some extent. More recently, many Mormons also practised it.

Islam, of course, substitues these logical reasons with religious ones as it is in fact a religion which has difficulty modernising. However, it's growing much less popular.

Namaste.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I think you will find its not only Islam that prohibits polygamy for women. Just because something is permissible in Islam does not mean its mandatory. I have never in 40 years met a Muslim man who has two wives, not saying it does not happen it does but its rare and an exception not the rule.

A muslim woman does not need two husbands, simple.

You do not like the rules of Islam, fine who is asking you to follow them?

• Kate
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A wise woman once refused the pleasure. One husband is difficult enough to live with.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Only sluts have sex with multiple men.

Man has been given superiority in terms of strength and income. Deal with it.

If you think religions are sexist then stop existing, since you have been evolved in a way to be ruled by men(Atheist thinking?)

• 8 years ago

it's because many organised religions are extremely sexist, islam is one of the worst. if a woman claims to have been raped, there need to be around 5 male witnesses to testify, if there aren't then they just see it as woman confessing to sex outside of marriage which is grounds for her being locked up, stoned, whipped etc and the man gets away with it. that is only the tip of the iceberg, women are hideously, viciously and barbarically assaulted and tortured in places like saudi arabia where a woman doesn't sufficiently cover her face with her robes and is lashed in the street.

Source(s): chronic
  • Why? Because Islam treats women as second class citizens.

• Mike K
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Hello,

You also overlooked the fact that a Muslim man may marry a Christian or Jewish woman but a muslim woman is forbidden to marry a Christian or Jewish man. Its a man's world there to be blunt.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.