My friend told me she was raped, but I don't believe her?

A little over a week ago my friend sent me a message via text telling me she was raped by her ex boyfriend in April. I feel horrible because I'm having the hardest time believing her. She's always been someone who does things for attention (like cutting herself, saying she has a mental disorder she... show more A little over a week ago my friend sent me a message via text telling me she was raped by her ex boyfriend in April. I feel horrible because I'm having the hardest time believing her.

She's always been someone who does things for attention (like cutting herself, saying she has a mental disorder she doesnt have etc) but I really didn't think she'd lie about something this serious.

Apparently he raped her in april but she hasn't shown any signs of trauma. A week after the incident she had gotten a new boyfriend and she had done sexual stuff with him and she was fine (even slightly excited about it). Shes had a few boyfriends since then though. I thought most people that had been raped would be terrified of having sex, being intimate or having a boy brush up against their arm or something. She has a new boyfriend at the moment and she's only told me and him what happened. I don't understand why you would tell your boyfriend of 8 days something like that. I spoke to her at school last week about it and I was surprised by the way she told me what had happened. She was talking about it casually and there were a few contradictions to her story.

I feel like I'm being unreasonable about it because I don't see why anyone would lie about being raped and as her friend I shouldn't doubt her. I would confront her about it but accusing someone of lying about rape is pretty low. I don't know what I should do.

We're both 17 by the way if that means anything.

How should I approach her? Or should I believe her regardless? Im not completely sure how I'm supposed to handle the whole thing.
Update: I've told her to go see the school counsellor (who she is comfortable around) and she just tells me she doesn't need to because it 'doesn't affect her' and it hasn't affected her when she has had sex after the rape. I've offered to go with her but she refuses. I'm just worried that if I end up dragging her to the... show more I've told her to go see the school counsellor (who she is comfortable around) and she just tells me she doesn't need to because it 'doesn't affect her' and it hasn't affected her when she has had sex after the rape. I've offered to go with her but she refuses. I'm just worried that if I end up dragging her to the counsellor and the police get told, that her ex boyfriend will get in trouble when he hasn't done anything.

And i understand that people react differently after it occurs it's just the way she's acting seems more like she likes the attention rather then wanting to get it off her chest.