What is your opinion on people who get rid of their dog when they have a baby?

I work at a rescue and have plenty of friends with dogs, big and small, who have had babies and still cope. Obviously if a dog is aggressive nobody would want it near their child, i accept that. But far too many people give up dogs just because they have a baby? Well you had the dog first, did you not think at... show more I work at a rescue and have plenty of friends with dogs, big and small, who have had babies and still cope.
Obviously if a dog is aggressive nobody would want it near their child, i accept that.
But far too many people give up dogs just because they have a baby? Well you had the dog first, did you not think at some point you may have a family? And whats wrong with both?
It just seems some people are happy to give up on their pets when their precious child comes along.

I'm posting this Q twice, in Pets and Parenting, I just wonder how the views will differ between the die hard animal lovers and the mummy brigade....