whats the scariest movie you ever watched?

i wanna watch a scary movie today but not sure which.

whats the scariest or one of the scariest movie you ever watched?

• Magik
    Favorite Answer

The scariest ones to me are:

A tale of two sisters: Terrified sisters try to exorcise their home of two dark forces -- their evil stepmother and a vengeful entity -- in this ghostly tale. Hospitalized after their mother's death, young Su-mi (Im Su-jeong) and Su-yeon (Mun Geun-yeong) return home to find a nasty new stepmother (Yeom Jeong-ah). The girls suffer terrifying events, but their father doesn't care, even though evil lurks around every corner.

Shutter:Tun (Ananda Everingham), a photographer, and his girlfriend, Jane (Natthaweeranuch Thongmee), run over a young girl after a night of drinking and decide to flee the scene. The couple is haunted by the memory of their deadly choice, and soon, they notice their photos contain strange ghostly shapes. When several of Tun's friends die in mysterious circumstances, they realize that they may be haunted by more than just bad memories.

Fingerprints: A small town lies in limbo some 50 years after a horrific accident that saw a train plow into a school bus filled with children. Can a troubled teen (Leah Pipes) fresh out of rehab unlock the truth about what caused the terrible tragedy? Lou Diamond Phillips and Kristin Cavallari of MTV's "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" co-star in this supernatural thriller from screenwriting brothers Brian and Jason Cleveland.

The Orphanage:Fueled by fond memories from her childhood, Laura (Belén Rueda) persuades her husband (Fernando Cayo) to help her revamp a seaside orphanage into a facility for disabled children. But soon after the couple moves in, their son, Simón (Roger Príncep), begins exhibiting disturbing behavior. As Laura tries to understand Simón's increasingly malevolent actions, she becomes drawn into the house's terrifying secrets in this unnerving chiller

Silent Hill:Determined to save her terminally ill daughter (Jodelle Ferland) from death, Rose (Radha Mitchell) ignores the wishes of her husband and takes her to a faith healer. But her well-intentioned efforts somehow land them in an alternate reality. Now, Rose is in the deserted town of Silent Hill, where her daughter mysteriously disappears and she's left to search for her child in a world of darkness and shadow.

Premonition: On a family outing, Hideki Satomi (Hiroshi Mikami) comes across a news clipping containing his young daughter's obituary; trouble is, the girl isn't dead. Next thing you know, a freak accident kills her exactly as the article described. Fast-forward three years: When broadsheets again start delivering disastrous future news -- from slayings to train wrecks -- Hideki finds himself trapped in a living nightmare in this chilling horror flick.

Dorm: When 12-year-old Ton (Charlie Trairat) transfers to an all-boys boarding school, he's taunted by his peers and terrified by their tales about the ghosts that inhabit the school. Ton is utterly miserable -- until he befriends a mysterious fellow pupil (Sirachuch Chienthaworn). Songyos Sugmakanan helms this award-winning supernatural chiller from Thailand.

The Shining: On the wagon and out of lucrative work thanks to his alcoholism and family troubles, aspiring novelist Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) accepts a position as the off-season custodian at an elegant but eerie hotel so he can write undisturbed. But shortly after Jack, his wife (Shelley Duvall) and his young son (Danny Lloyd) settle in, the ominous hotel begins to wield its sinister power in this chilling horror classic helmed by Stanley Kubrick.

The Hills have Eyes: Traveling across the American Southwest en route to California, an unsuspecting suburban family is being tracked by a group of hill dwellers whose social skills have failed to evolve -- and who could attack them at any moment. If their vehicle breaks down, or if they stop to stretch their legs, their vacation could end in tragedy. Kathleen Quinlan, Vinessa Shaw, Emilie de Ravin and Dan Byrd co-star in this remake of the 1977 Wes Craven classic.

Others:

white noise

quarantine

30 days of night

queen of the damned

28 weeks later

28 days later

the glass house

the girl next door-dark

the messengers

the amityville horror

thirteen ghosts

the skeleton key

what lies beneath

hide and seek

ghost ship

hostel

poseidon

dawn of the dead

village of the damned

cloverfield

the devils advocate

texas chainsaw massacre

interview with the vampire

gothika

one missed call

land of the dead

megan is missing

signs

Darkness falls

session 9

case 39

misery

carriers

sleepy hallow

the haunting

the others

the eye

the ring

the grudge

the crazies

insidious

population 436

afterlife

the passengers

i know what you did last summer

the village

the orphan

the exorcist

1. Halloween

2. Nightmare On Elm Street

3. Friday The 13th

4. Orphan

5. The Hils Run Red (Never saw before but I have heard of it)

6. Child's Play (Any of these are funny and scary)

7. The Mask Maker

8. The Ring

9. Paranormal Activity 1,2,3

10. One Missed Call

11. The Rest Stop, The Rest Stop 2

12. Saw 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

13. Trick-Or-Treat

14. My Super Phsyco Sweet 16 My Super Physco Sweet 16 2

I can keep on going on all day. I love scary movies<3 I hope I helped :) Have fun :) And if you go on google or youtube they have a lot of cool scary movie ideas. Also one more is anything with dolls or ventriloquist dolls:) like dead scilence.

Eden Lake. I am a huge horror movie fan and I found this one to be almost too much for me. I have never had nightmares following a movie and this one kept the dreams coming for a week. I almost had to turn it off 3/4 through. I should say that I think this movie is all the more scary if you have kids and especially teenagers.

I recently wrote an article about several good ones. You may, or may not have heard of them. I would assume you could rent them, or watch them online. "Five Scariest Little Known Horror Movies" is linked in the source box.

It depends what type of horror films your after

Slasher - Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Hatchet, I Know what you did last summer

Mess with your head - The Shining, Se7en, The Exorcist, Gothika

Zombie films - Night of The Living Dead, Land of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, 28 Days Late

Other - Paranormal Activity 1,2,3, Saw, Insidious, Silent Hill

The Shining

Hey Lizzy, watch Haunting in Connecticut. It's mainly based on true events and it's really really scary.

Here's a list:

Scream

It

Orphan

Haunting in Connecticut

Misery

Shutter Island

The Shining

The Ring

Barney

midnight meat train, its gory/weird/scary and the ending makes you go wth did i just watch

Hocus Pocus. You'll sh*t your pants.

EDIT: Nosferatu is supposed to be brilliant. But if you're the type of person who wouldn't appreciate a silent movie from the 1920's then go watch your cgi remakes instead.