Is 15 too late to start ballet?

I don't want to be a professional ballerina, just as a hobby. My friend who has done ballet since the age of 3 told me I should do ballet because I'm tall and thin. However some people have told me ballet is very boring. I'm scared I will get bored easily. Also I hate trying to fit in with new groups... show more I don't want to be a professional ballerina, just as a hobby. My friend who has done ballet since the age of 3 told me I should do ballet because I'm tall and thin. However some people have told me ballet is very boring. I'm scared I will get bored easily. Also I hate trying to fit in with new groups because people don't usually accept me, so I'm scared I will have no friends again.

How would I convince my mum too? She thinks ballet is 'for little kids' and 'boring'. She thinks I'm too old to do ballet.