How to get rid of rats without killing and without traps?

How? Because I have a chicken pet and she has chicks so if there's rats near them I'm worried they'll eat them, and if you don't know the local rats are so gigantic and I don't want to use chemicals ,traps , or things that could harm other animals because I also have cats and rabbits, I just want to get the rats away from my chicken and her chicks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

You should be very careful,the rats can eat chickens and it is also a danger for their egg production because they may eat eggs.The eggs from my coop was eaten by rats and I have trapped using this method.

I took a bucket which is cylindrical in shape.And you must be sure that the rats cannot climb upwards.Then put some rat food,cheese or good treats of rat.Then after a day,you can find them in the bucket,Take it and free them to a safe place.

Source(s): Experience of owning chickens and trapping rats without killing them because I am a vegetarian and I hate animals being killed!
  • 8 years ago

Put traps those little house looking ones that only the rats can go in that why you don't harm your other animals

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Live traps (without glue) will not hurt any animal if used properly. In the meantime, can you keep chicks off the ground?

Source(s): Dad works afir Orkin.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.