How to get rid of rats without killing and without traps?

How? Because I have a chicken pet and she has chicks so if there's rats near them I'm worried they'll eat them, and if you don't know the local rats are so gigantic and I don't want to use chemicals ,traps , or things that could harm other animals because I also have cats and rabbits, I just want to get the rats away from my chicken and her chicks

You should be very careful,the rats can eat chickens and it is also a danger for their egg production because they may eat eggs.The eggs from my coop was eaten by rats and I have trapped using this method.

I took a bucket which is cylindrical in shape.And you must be sure that the rats cannot climb upwards.Then put some rat food,cheese or good treats of rat.Then after a day,you can find them in the bucket,Take it and free them to a safe place.

Source(s): Experience of owning chickens and trapping rats without killing them because I am a vegetarian and I hate animals being killed!

Put traps those little house looking ones that only the rats can go in that why you don't harm your other animals

Live traps (without glue) will not hurt any animal if used properly. In the meantime, can you keep chicks off the ground?

Source(s): Dad works afir Orkin.