Feeling jealous of a co-worker because the office is throwing her a baby shower and they didn't throw me one..?

Yes, I am having a pity party but I am truly super jealous and angry and my feelings are legitimately hurt. I'm 31 years old and a single mom of a 1 year old baby. When I found out I was pregnant, I showed up to work every day, was in great spirits - had an excellent pregnancy but I didn't have a shower... show more Yes, I am having a pity party but I am truly super jealous and angry and my feelings are legitimately hurt.

I'm 31 years old and a single mom of a 1 year old baby. When I found out I was pregnant, I showed up to work every day, was in great spirits - had an excellent pregnancy but I didn't have a shower thrown for me.

My coworker (who is an assistant here) is married to a broker in the office and the office decided to surprise the both of them with a big office baby shower (even though they already had their baby shower at home and received a lot of stuff). Everyone is pitching in money and buying her gifts and I can't help but feel really jealous and let down. I get along with everyone GREAT - which is what I don't understand? Why didn't I get a shower? I mean, I have been with the company for 4 years (she's been here 1 year). I was desperate for things considering I was going to be a single mom.

Was I just not deserving of it because I wasn't married?

I realize a lot of you are going to say rude things because YES, this is me being bratty - and to be honest with you, I never once was upset about not getting an office shower (I didn't even think about it until I got the invite to hers).

The shower is this Friday here in the office (a surprise) and I honestly think I am going to call in sick to spare the humility of being the only girl in the office with a baby - co-workers WILL be taking into consideration that I didn't get a shower I am sure. It's just embarassing. I don't need to buy her anything (and can't afford it anyway) - I have given her 2 of my swings, a bumbo and TONS of maternity clothes. These people have MONEY! WHY do they get a huge shower from a bunch of rich people? YES! I'm GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestions?