Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 8 years ago

Why are Aquarius girls extremely selfish?

My daddy is very sick with Cancer and we all have been visiting him. But the person he wants to see is too self absorbed to give a crap enough to visit him, my Aquarius sister.

What's wrong with these girls? Everyone I meet is very nice and cool but once someone is hurt or something bad happens they turn into these selfish people.

My father and her are close. To be honest I don't know why he even cares about her? I love my father much more then she does. She has always been there for him and he has openly told me that she is his favorite. He gives her money does anything she asks him to. Yet ever since my father was diagnosed she refuses to visit him at the hospital. I asked her why she is being so selfish and she says "I'm not I love him very much and I wish him well." That's it? she pisses me off so much he wants to see her so bad but she too busy doing her "own thing" to even pay him one visit? Yet she says she loves him very much but won't even see him! Whenever i talk to her about him she doesn't even look interested.

He is most likely going to die he has been ill for so long and he won't even see him. Why are these girls so damn selfish?

Favorite Answer

I don't know what your sun sign is (I will assume Pisces or Scorpio) but what you perceive as not caring and selfishness is entirely different from what she thinks.

I will shed some insight. You've stated that your father loves her and admits to loving her more than any of you. And that she loves him. Well, aquarians don't like intense feelings. The reason why she.. this sounds bad.. she is not wanting to visit him is not because she doesn't care. It's because seeing him in that state, will ruin her. She doesn't want to see him sick and at his worst. Aquarians do not feel comfortable with emotions and to see the person they love very hurt and on the verge of death and there is nothing they can do and this hurts them more than anything. So in HER eyes it's best not to be around the potential source of it.

You are misinterpreting her behavior intirely. you must be a water sun because this is what most likely is expected. Waters miniterpret air signs a lot. She cares and loves him. But she refuses to see him, because it hurts too much. This behavior is not uncommon for Aquarians specifically. She cares. She will never say it. It's best to avoid it then to see him suffer. Don't persecute her. Jus because someone deals with pain differently then you doesn't make them selfish..

Edit: When my sister was in emotional pain she was bawling and crying she is a Taurus and I have never seen her act that way she reverted back to a child. I'm so used to her stoicism. But she broke down right infront of me. Do you know what I did? I walked away. not because I don't care. Because feeling and absorbing her intense and hidden pain was literally about to make me lose it, I could feel myself about to cry and that was not going to happen. So I walked away. I bought her favorite food to cheer her up. That was my way of saying "I care." Sometimes when my friends are hurt - I won't be there. My best friend last year had cancer, I didn't visit her. All I did was send her emails "get well.". She and many people thought I was a callous btch. But the truth? I couldn't see her weak, and almost dead-like. I didn't want to see her like that, because it would being terrible pain in my heart. So I distanced myself. Aquarians don't feel comfortable at all with these things.. it's not cause we don't care. I even read a story about an Aquarian man that refused to go the hospital to see his sick baby. The wife thought he was cold and just awful. He avoided the situation entirely. Do you know why? Because he couldn't stand to see his child sick. It would kill him, he prefered to not see his sick child then to see her. It sounds twisted but this is the way of Aquarius.

Source(s): Aquarius!

Damn I agree with Carrie. I could not believe the BS and excuses. Yeah sure Aqua are supposed to be detached but does not mean CRUEL and so insensitive !

This is a case I think that using astrology as an excuse for this kind of behaviour is totally uncalled for.

Paul Newman was an Aquarius...and very far from being insensitive ! On the contrary !

I think John Travolta is one and lost a child not too long ago. So Is Oprah and Ellen de Generes.

I imagine that all those folks and many more aquarians would shake your sister to reality.

Source(s): sagittarius
  • Ava

Maybe she wants to remember him as being the healthy father who raised her, rather than a dying man. It's very common when dealing with a terminally ill person. She might be in denial also & is really trying to believe that he will be ok. You don't know what she is really feeling, she might already be grieving (and yes I understand he is still alive at present, but she sounds like she is already mourning), so it's not up to you to be the moral compass.

Pushing her won't help, try a different angle. Ask your father to call her & ask her to visit directly. Or if possible, ask him to write her a letter.

At the end of the day it's up to her to deal with it however she can & make her own decisions. I'm willing to bet if you all just backed off, stop nagging her & just let her be, she would go on her own time. Or give her a time when it just be the two of them so they have privacy. Don't try to control her, especially when she is in pain. She might not show it, but she is probably hurting more than you. She needs your support & understanding, not your criticism.

Edit: This is not an astrology question btw. What you have described is how people deal terminal illnesses / death differently. You can't just assume every female under a certain zodiac sign acts this way. I strongly suggest you read up on dealing with grief.

http://www.terminalillness.co.uk/

http://www.terminalillness.co.uk/dealing-with-conf...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/grief/CA00041

If you don't want to read the above, please read the below. Everyone close to the terminally ill person goes through the stages of grief. This may help you understand what is happening with your sister. It's not about excusing any behaviour, rather just explaining it.

http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grie...

Source(s): Aquarius female
  • Sarah*

These kinds of things are all about perception. I don't know you or your sister, so I can't say for sure ( in my opinion ) what I believe. As to who is selfish or not. That being said, I can't say whether your sister is being selfish or not.

She may not be selfish. Astrologically, Aquarius is a sign that is detached, yet caring. Sounds like an oxymoron right? Well, Aquarius dominated people like to do their own thing and they are independent. Aquarius is the sign of humanity; Aquarius likes their friends. It is the sign of "brotherhood" or "sisterhood." Aquarius is not very domestic or family oriented, even though they may love their family very much.

You may just be viewing your sister as selfish. However, in my personal opinion, she should see her father at least once before he dies. If she does not, she will regret it. Just talk to her and see if there is a time she can put aside her other stuff to see her dad.

I'm sorry but I've read the rest of the answers about the nonemotional nonsense. And I understand not showing emotions on one hand, but simply visiting at a hospital your parent who is dying has nothing to do with showing emotion. Your father gave you life, raised you - the least you can do is pull yourself together when he is on a deathbed, get your a** up and go sit near him. This "unemotional" BS is getting old especially when it is being used in every possible situation as an excuse.

Yes, your sister is an extremely inconsiderate person.

• Aqueerious
      5 years agoReport

You don't get it at all stfu!!!! You don't know **** about emotions

Just as others stated Aquarius don't like showing their emotions and with your father being in this state it may be hard for her to bear.

But astrology aside there are just some people who don't like seeing their close loved one in the hospital or worse, going to their funeral. It doesn't mean that they don't love them, it just means they cannot handle seeing them that way. It will kill them inside. My Grandmother didn't come to my dad's (her son) funeral. Not because she didn't love him, its because the pain was so much for her to to bear. Some people can handle certain situations better than others. You just may be a little stronger than your sister when it comes to handling a situation like this.

Side note: Sorry to get off topic but I find it disturbing and quite sad that your dad actually have a favorite child and even admitting it to you. I believe that parents should love their children equally and even if they secretly favorite another sibling over you they should never admit it to you. That could cause so many problems with you and your family. I would be devastated if my parents did that to me. I'm really sorry that you are going through this. May God be with you during this time and stay strong.

Aquarius people are not the best at emotions and seeing you dad die is a bit too much for her to handle and she might break

• Ally

They may seem cold because they lack emotions; but deep inside, they have a heart of gold.

maybe she's so sad it'll hurt too much to see him. aquarian's are bad at emotional things.

She love him but they are very cold emotionally .