FIFA 12 Career mode bug/glitch/freeze?

I've had FFA 12 for only a week now and the 1st thing i did was start a career mode with Liverpool, after that i played Ultimate team for a few days, last night i went back to my career mode but when i looked at my squad all my 1st 11 had been changed for the reserves and i had 11 GK's in my reserves with no name and one player had been changed for some random numbers. I've had a look for reasons for this and i've read it could be because i have a custom formation??? i am angry that i have spent nearly £50 on a game and now i cannot even use one of the main features of it!!! does anyone have anymore information on what is causing this???

i have already reset all my squads, deleted the "preferred squads" data on my ps3 and have tried starting a new career mode but get the same problem!!

I had the exact same problem, and I'm glad that I wasn't the only one. Its definately a mystery as to why it occurs, I questioned my virtual pro on being responsible in my case because when I deleted my profile data everything went back to normal and my pro got deleted. My advice to you would be to delete your career mode data if you havent already. If that doesnt change anything try deleting FIFA 12 profile data like I did. It will become clear that the virtual pro is responsible if you have one as well in your career mode squad. Deleting the profile data won't affect your online progress, XP or stats. Hope this was of some assistance. The only downside to this is that your virtual pro, if you have one, will be gone.