Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Scary movies that are actually scary?

I`m a big fan of scary movies! Can you suggest to me some scary movies that really made you jump? Thanks :)

I don't scare easily, but I was scared of these at some point.

The Ring (2002)

[Rec] ² (2009)

The Unborn (2009)

The Hole (2009)

White Noise (2005)

Carriers (2009)

The Children (2008)

One Missed Call (2008)

The Haunting in Connecticut (2009)

Mirrors (2008)

Shutter (2008)

The Eye (2008)

The Grudge 2 (2006)

The Ruins (2008)

Dead Silence (2007)

[Rec] (2007)

The Orphanage (2007)

The Skeleton Key (2005)

The Messengers (2007)

Silent Hill (2006)

Boogeyman (2005)

Session 9 (2001)

Them (2006)

The Amityville Horror (2005)

The Grudge (2004)

Hide and Seek (2005)

The Ring Two (2005)

Dark Water (2005)

:)

• Dawn

It all depends on what you concider scary. I 2 love scary movies and have a hard time finding films that acttually scare me. One seggestion i have for you is to get with your friends (movies are always scary when wathcing with a group of friends at night, dont noe why but true) so get ur firends go to ur local movie rental store and pick random movies from the horror section. I cant garantee that you will be scared. But it will be fun, me and my friend found laugh are heads off. But you want to be scared so I would suggest checking out (I havent seen some of these but they have scared the crap out of the people i asked) Dead Silence (i didnt get a chance to see this but i heard it was really scary) The Exerocist The Ring Oldboy Cabin Fever Saw (not really scary but a good thriller same with the Saw 2 good thriller) Black Christmas Night of the Living Dead (the one from the 70's) i know there are more but i cant think of any more. Good luck!

• .....

The Descent

Inside

Haute Tension

Babysitter Wanted

The Collector

The Midnight Meat Train

My Bloody Valentine

Not sure what types you like...it's a big genre. My picks:

Session 9 - ghost/possession type horror, set in a derelict insane asylum

The House of The Devil - "classic" 80s style babysitter horror

Tooth and Nail - dystopian cannibal story

Incident On and Off a Mountain Road - Slasher victim fights back, very jumpy

Sint - The "real" Saint Nikolas (Dutch language)

The Crazies - biowarfare goes seriously wrong...zombie-ish

Frontier(s) - Like TX Chainsaw, but w/French nazis.

The only movie that ever made me never want to sleep again was paranormal activity...

Somepeople think its not scary, but they made it look like it could happen in your own home.. and thats why its scary to me. A man with a chainsaw and a hockey mask doesn't scare me because its hard to believe.. but some sort of haunting in a house, paranormal or physiological is freaky...

My friends were scared sh*tless, then after the movie they played it cool and acted like they were all mighty and not afraid... Ya right!

The Exorcist

The Shining

I've been wondering the same thing for years. I don't think an actually scary movie exists.

I gave up trying to find one. Now I prefer comedies, because acually funny comedies exist.

Let me know if you find that scary movie.

Kairo

13 ghost had many parts that made me jump