Is it still worth buying a pregnancy test?

i had unprotected sex (yes i know, very stupid of me!) last week, i checked on one of those online ovulation calendars and i'm not sure if they are accurate or not but it told me that the day i had unprotected sex on was one of my most fertile days. it's kinda got me thinking on the chances of actually... show more i had unprotected sex (yes i know, very stupid of me!) last week, i checked on one of those online ovulation calendars and i'm not sure if they are accurate or not but it told me that the day i had unprotected sex on was one of my most fertile days. it's kinda got me thinking on the chances of actually being pregnant now. i know it's too early to take a pregnancy test yet but i don't know if it's worth buying one, my reason being is that i have just started having some bleeding yesterday (my period, well what i think to be my period, i had bad cramps last night but it isn't nearly as heavy as usual.) also it's a week early! :S and i am normally always on time, never late or never early. any ideas?
3 answers 3