Which ONE composer, best represent the CULTURE of their NATIVE COUNTRY?

I don't mean to raise the ire of anyone; but know it's probably inevitable by posing such a question. But by doing so, I hope to get an exemplary cross section of this particular forum's views. How could anyone really choose between say Bach/Mozart/Schubert/Brahms/Beethoven, Wagner, etc., etc.?... show more I don't mean to raise the ire of anyone; but know it's probably inevitable by posing such a question.

But by doing so, I hope to get an exemplary cross section of this particular forum's views. How could anyone really choose between say Bach/Mozart/Schubert/Brahms/Beethoven, Wagner, etc., etc.?

[[ You may consider Austria separate from Germany should you wish: I am. ]]

You may consider my choices ridiculous; but then, I may yours, likewise - so, let's have some fun.

Greece: ??????? Is there really a notable composer heralding from the fountainhead of Western Civilization? I'm not aware of any; should you believe there to be one, please enlighten me.

Italy: Verdi - "La Forza del Destino"
Spain: Manuel de Falla - "The Three Corned Hat"
France: (a tough one for me) - Gounod "Faust"
England: Elgar - "The Enigma Variations"
Germany: Wagner - "Die Meistersinger"

{{{ I know, I know: how could one not choose say Bach or Beethoven? Well, I choose to look on only the benign (not religious, or monumental) aspect of German culture; and for me, the so named does it }}}

Austria: (a real, very easy one for me) - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - "Eine kleine Nacht Musique"
Poland: (questionable, with regard to his nationality) Chopin - "The Revolutionary Etude"
Russia: Moussorgsky - "Boris Godunov"

[[[ I choose to not continue with any of the other Eastern Europeans - but please feel free to ]]]

U.S.A.: (another REAL TOUGH one) Gershwin - "Porgy and Bess"

Sorry, don't have the energy to continue.

But, You?

Alberich