Locking your car doors after you get in the car....?

Everytime I get in my car, no matter where im at, I lock the doors as soon as I shut it. Do you do that? And do you ever NOT do it, in fear of offending someone who is close enough to hear the doors lock?
Update: Mine also lock when you take it out of park, but its when your sitting there that your in danger, so I lock mine as soon as I shut the door. But I did it the other day and a black lady nearby gave me a death stare...I didnt do it because she was there, I always do it. Now i feel bed doing it when people are... show more Mine also lock when you take it out of park, but its when your sitting there that your in danger, so I lock mine as soon as I shut the door. But I did it the other day and a black lady nearby gave me a death stare...I didnt do it because she was there, I always do it. Now i feel bed doing it when people are near. lol