Locking your car doors after you get in the car....?

Everytime I get in my car, no matter where im at, I lock the doors as soon as I shut it. Do you do that? And do you ever NOT do it, in fear of offending someone who is close enough to hear the doors lock?

Update:

Mine also lock when you take it out of park, but its when your sitting there that your in danger, so I lock mine as soon as I shut the door. But I did it the other day and a black lady nearby gave me a death stare...I didnt do it because she was there, I always do it. Now i feel bed doing it when people are near. lol

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Oh yess! all the time! i am in the habit of locking it the minute i/ everyone with me gets in.. its a good habit i suppose and i dont mind if the people get offended. Its just a habit!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

NO I dont, but there are places that I have locked my doors because of the area I was travelling through. I dont blame you at all for doing this. This is a smart thing to do.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

My doors do that automatically! So yeah. But no I wouldn't be scared of offending anybody. It's nobody's business why or when you lock your door. It's better to be safe than sorry!

• Yes, I do and if I haven't locked them and somebody walks by my car it's like they remind me that I need to lock my doors.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • msmag
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

in my town you better lock in. Personally I don't care what Others think. I want to feel safe. If there offended by this it's there stuff not mine.

• 8 years ago

No, mainly because my old car used to lock whenever I turned the ignition on whereas this one doesn't, so i'm just not in the habit of doing it.. (my old car made me lazy)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Mine automatically lock as soon as I put it in gear, but I would lock them anyway.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

After you get in the car? Nope...my doors lock automatically once I get in my car and go over a certain mph.

• VN-Cop
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

i never lock my doors, period.

When my car is parked in my driveway for the night the doors are not even locked..

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Better safe than sorry. Who cares what others think

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.