Locking your car doors after you get in the car....?

Everytime I get in my car, no matter where im at, I lock the doors as soon as I shut it. Do you do that? And do you ever NOT do it, in fear of offending someone who is close enough to hear the doors lock?

Mine also lock when you take it out of park, but its when your sitting there that your in danger, so I lock mine as soon as I shut the door. But I did it the other day and a black lady nearby gave me a death stare...I didnt do it because she was there, I always do it. Now i feel bed doing it when people are near. lol

• Favorite Answer

Oh yess! all the time! i am in the habit of locking it the minute i/ everyone with me gets in.. its a good habit i suppose and i dont mind if the people get offended. Its just a habit!

NO I dont, but there are places that I have locked my doors because of the area I was travelling through. I dont blame you at all for doing this. This is a smart thing to do.

My doors do that automatically! So yeah. But no I wouldn't be scared of offending anybody. It's nobody's business why or when you lock your door. It's better to be safe than sorry!

• Yes, I do and if I haven't locked them and somebody walks by my car it's like they remind me that I need to lock my doors.

• msmag

in my town you better lock in. Personally I don't care what Others think. I want to feel safe. If there offended by this it's there stuff not mine.

No, mainly because my old car used to lock whenever I turned the ignition on whereas this one doesn't, so i'm just not in the habit of doing it.. (my old car made me lazy)

Mine automatically lock as soon as I put it in gear, but I would lock them anyway.

After you get in the car? Nope...my doors lock automatically once I get in my car and go over a certain mph.

• VN-Cop

i never lock my doors, period.

When my car is parked in my driveway for the night the doors are not even locked..

Better safe than sorry. Who cares what others think