Is Apollo 11 moon landing FAKE?

What do you think about this subject?

• GeoffG

No.

The six Apollo Moon landings are among the best documented events in human history: thousands of pictures, hours of video, 382 kg. of Moon rocks, and millions of eye witnesses, including myself. There is not a single scientist in the world who doubts that they took place. To deny them is to discredit the magnificent achievement of the team which went to the Moon, and to reveal abysmal scientific ignorance.

The proofs of the Moon landings have been documented in detail on web sites like these:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

http://www.clavius.org/

If further proof is needed, NASA recently released images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter showing 5 of the 6 Apollo landers, still on the surface of the Moon:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/l...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/01/images_fr...

>>does anyone have a good website that gives all the evidence that it was all a fake?<< There is no such website. All the so-called 'evidence' is a load of rubbish that can be dismantled by anyone with elementary science education. >>how do you know for sure though?<< Because I've seen more of the Apollo evidence than I'd bet you even know exists, including ALL the film and video from each flight. I also have been studying the space programs of the 1960s as a hobby for about a decade now. >>there is noblast crater where Apollo 11 landed.<< Nor should there be. Machines with much greater thrust, such as the Harrier aircraft, do not carve craters under them when they land or take off. What there is, however, is evidence that the lunar soil has been disturbed by a rocket engine. >>there are no stars, despite the deep clarity of space.<< Nor should there be. The lunar surface is in daylight, so the cameras are set up to expose the film accordingly (i.e. for a fraction of a second). Stars require several seconds of exposure to show up on film, as any photographer will tell you. Try that and the sunlit lunar surface will simply be an overexposed blob. Can you find ANY images taken in space of sunlit objects that also include stars? The shuttle? The ISS? Even the Voyager pictures of the planets don't have stars in. Are they all fake too? >>the flag is waving, even though there is no air in space.<< No, it really isn't. Watch the VIDEO and FILM. The flag waves ONLY when being moved by an astronaut. The rest of the time it remains TOTALLY static, which is next to impossible in anything but a vacuum, >>also, in the sixties, the government said "if you cant make it, fake it".<< Really? Says who? >>also, an astronaut that worked for nasa and was on one of the previous aopollos says that the evidence is there to show it could have been done in a studio.<< Bull. If that's the case, which astronaut and which mission was he on? I'm betting you have no idea, and if that's the case I strongly advise you not to include that in a piece of coursework. Un-named sources are useless, and should get you marked down by any competent teacher. >>Bill Kaysing, that guy on the video on Youtube that was on the documentary in february 2001, said "the chances of getting back to earth from the moon alive was 0.0017%".<< Bill kaysing worked for Rocketdyne, the comapny that built a number of the engines used on the Saturn V and Apollo spacecraft, but he worked for them in the same way that the guy who cleans the Oval Office works for the US government. He was not an engineer, had nothing to do with the development of any rockets, and left the company in 1963, more then four years before the first Saturn V flew. The probability assessment he refers to was carried out beforehe left the company, at a time when they were having trouble with the engines. Four years of hard work later they had the problem solved, and the probability went up accordingly. In the years before the Wright brothers, the probability of flying across the Atlantic was zero. In the years just after their first powered flight the probability was marginal, though at least the principle was demonstrated. In recent years the probability has become a certainty because the development process has made safe transatlantic flight possible. The same applies to Apollo. The Apollo lunar missions were some of the most heavily documented events in human history. They simply could NOT have been faked to the degree of detail that is present in the record.

I think it's a silly question. Apollo 11, and 12 through 17 all happened.

What do I think about this subject? I think that the conspiracy theories were debunked decades ago, and are easily debunked by anyone with a high-school science education. In fact, I've seen teachers talking about how they set that as an exercise to their high-school classes.

So what do you think about people who publish web pages spouting stuff that was already debunked, hundreds of times, claiming it as something new? And what do you think about somebody trying to convince you of stuff that any decent high-school student can see through? Do you think maybe they hope you're an idiot?

Since you already decided that it's fake, then why are you asking other people?

It would be funny if people decided what is true based on voting (as happens in courts) instead of basing on evidence.

• Mez

Anyone who lived though it (such as myself) knows it really happened, anyone who was born after the event will never know whether it was real.

It would be like me asking whether World War I or World War II ever really happened. I believe they did, but I will never really know, because I didn't live through them.

Source(s): me

Stop asking same question again n again. There are hundreds of questions already on this topic. Look into them.

That is an inflammatory question that usually sparks conflict and debate.

There are those who accept it as a known fact, and there are those who think its all a "conspiracy".

Conspiracy to do what? I don't know.

No, it is not. And nor are any of the other five landings.

That you are a terminal cretin.