When will black people wake up and address their social issues?

I am a black african,raised in the UK in a predominantly white area. After the past few years I have learnt alot about black society,how we treat one another and how we are treated aswell. I fear that our next generation is in big trouble if we don't solve our issues now. Firstly black people are one race... show more I am a black african,raised in the UK in a predominantly white area. After the past few years I have learnt alot about black society,how we treat one another and how we are treated aswell.

I fear that our next generation is in big trouble if we don't solve our issues now.

Firstly black people are one race that is looked down upon by other races. but imagine we ourselves look down on eachother, the fact that im a dark skinned black,i am made to feel alienated and ugly by my own people. I see it even when i go out,i hear black guys say things like 'im looking for a lighty' to me it certainly shows the effects of slavery were very deep rooted and still show today. The lighter negro slaves THOUGHT they were more accepted than the darker negro slaves,when in reality the white slave master saw them ALL as equal sub-human animals. The fact that this whole complexion thing is such a big thing for us disgusts me.

In school i was one of the only blacks and i had my fair share of racial slurs. but when i speak to blacks in London who went to urban schools they tell me that they were ashamed to be african and dark skinned because they were bullied for it by other blacks. I can not even comprehend this,my own fellow blacks would not have accepted me because i was born dark and african.

The London riots sparked alot of racial talk even though all races were involved,the black people were pin-pointed and blamed. It didnt help when they went to the ghetto slums to interview uneducated black boys and put it on the news for all to see and judge. What upset me was one of the boys that said the government aren't doing anything for me their just helping all those up there (pointed at canary wharf). He didn't even understand that those bankers,lawyers, accountants and such are the ones who worked their ***'s off,got an education and now pay 40% tax for the government to go and pay lazy people JSA. Alot of black londoners have this mentality that the government should take care of them as opposed to them taking care of themselves. The government has put so many opportunities in place for people in this country to educated and improve their lives. But in this london urban black culture you have people that would rather go to the council and get a flat than get an education,a good job and house themselves. Their not the only ones i do know that.

Davis Starsky was so out rightly racist and he knew he could get away with it. Black people are blind to the racism in the UK. People make you feel like you cant play the race card even when its so blatant. Some black londoners tell me they dont think there is much racism nowadays but in reality its getting worse. Kelis was verbally attacked at the airport by a white man calling her a slave and other racial slurs yet nobody did anything. Racism is alive a kicking and i can definitely be one that can say that bebecause grew up around it and I still get it now. I work in HR and im one of a few blacks, I feel it is an unfair disadvantage and I always have to work that extra bit harder than others. If black people can accept it then we can move forward and fix it. John Galliano has sasabotagedis life and career for insulting Jews,had he been ranting about '****** this or ****** that' he would have probably gotten a slap on the wrist and made to apologise because black people dont speak out. Tommy HiHilfigeraid publicly that he dididn'take clothes for black people to wear and even after that Beyonce went and endorsed his perfume. We have no sense of unity,we all stand alone African vs Caribbeans African American.

Caribbeans are looking down on Africans, Africans are looking down on Caribbeans and African Americans are doing the same. There is a divide because of Slavery but who did it to us? did we enslave eachother or was it somebody else? We're all brain-washed because as far as I can remember from my A-Level history class, the slave wasnt whipping the slave,the master was.

I prefer to stick to a select few of black people who are intellectually on my level and I feel sad that I cant relate to all my people. There are times where I will avoid going to certain places where there is alot of black people cause it normally means alot of attitude. We always wanna bring eachother down, we dont want to see eachother prosper or succeed, A black man succeeds and with that success comes the 'haters', is that really an ideology we even wanna be assosiated with? We're the only race that wanna tear eachother down.
Update: I dont have an issue with complexion,its others that have an issue with me being dark,something a have no control over. I dont judge anybody based on the skin tone,please read what i wrote again and note. My point is black people need to empower themselves and address their issues,im not saying we should feel... show more I dont have an issue with complexion,its others that have an issue with me being dark,something a have no control over. I dont judge anybody based on the skin tone,please read what i wrote again and note.

My point is black people need to empower themselves and address their issues,im not saying we should feel sorry for ourselves,im saying the complete opposite,its OUR issues that WE need to address.

Its not only African Americans that have suffered at the hands of slavery,Caribbeans were also stripped of their heritage,taken from their Africa and en-slaved, Africas also suffered at the hands of the western world..aparteid, the rwanadan genocide,the Belgians created a divid between the hutu and tutsi's then left them to war,they were stupid top not see that it was the Belgians they should have fought not eachother. Blood diamonds in the west.We have all suffered greatly. but its time to wake up and move on from it and accept the fact that we have BIG issues!
Update 2: @Clarissa That line is original which one of your uneducated parents taught you that please?or did you learn it from the school you went to behind your trailer park?
Update 3: @CutiePi If you dont know what i am talking about then i suggest your either read it again or go to the next question. So what if people that are Pro black talk about it?talking about it isnt addressing it because for example I can talk about getting a new car but that wont get me one,i will have to get up look for... show more @CutiePi If you dont know what i am talking about then i suggest your either read it again or go to the next question. So what if people that are Pro black talk about it?talking about it isnt addressing it because for example I can talk about getting a new car but that wont get me one,i will have to get up look for one then go and buy it,so talk is cheap,its actions that make a difference.