Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

I'm setting sail on my Jesus cruise to help those less fortunate in Somalia. I'm drifting off the port of?

San Pedro in CA and have a satellite internet connection so I'll be updating everyone along the way. Atheists: have you ever done anything as altruistic as this?

Favorite Answer

Say hello to the pirates for me and rest assured, if they ask for a ransom for you, I might be able to chip in $20.

You are a saint. Be sure to bring plenty of drugs and alcohol. The Somalian pirates will treat you like a queen if you do. If not, you may need more than a Bible to protect you. You should be bringing some serious heat such as an AK-47 and a 106 mm recoilless rifle.

Well years ago I was a member of Community Aid Abroad (Now subsumed by Oxfam) and we had a Tools for Peace Campaign. I spent three months in Nicaragua bringing in the coffee crop. Bloody hard work, but I tell you what I have never had the hide to claim I was poor ever again after seeing those people's lives.

Ahoy, matey, you've set sail just in time! Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day... Hoist the Jolly Roger, man the guns, tap the keg and enjoy the rum. It's gonna be one helluva ride. Aargh!

There's nothing "altruistic" about getting the hell outta San Pedro.

Bon Voyage, BigO!

Write me in your will, when you get infected with some terrible disease that money should go to a good cause.

• Head west on Sunset to the sea....

Good luck.

• Regwah

No way that's madness.

Love you Olga, it's been fun.