what are the best trading hours? Forex Market?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favourite answer

1) Tuesday through Friday (Avoid Fridays with Non Farm Payrolls or other big economic data releases).

2) Pick a session (Australasian, European, US) that best suites the pairs you prefer to trade

3) Allow a market to open and settle the opening "nerves" or previous days fundamentals.

4) There are strategies where you trade the open of certain markets or the close but these are strategy specific and you would need a certain criteria to be met eg: London break out strategy.

• 9 years ago

The best time to trade the forex markets is between 8:00 GMT and 16:00 GMT. These are basically the hours of the London market with the last 5 hours being in overlap with the US market. This is the time when the most traders and biggest banks are in the markets making their trades. It is widely considered the most profitable time to trade.

• David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You've already gotten some good answers here: the London overlap with Asia and the US, from 2:00 am to 11:00 am CST is the time of highest volume.

If you are trading trends, you are looking for liquidity. Liquidity comes through volume.

Like the NYSE is the financial center for stocks, London is the financial center for currencies. London stock markets open at 2:00 am CST, but currencies pick up in volume before that.

When North America comes online around 7:00 am, you'll see the huge volume increase, but for several months, price hasn't been moving much after the stock market open at 8:30 am CST; crummy ranges, unless you can trade that sort of thing.

The summer months are the absolute worst times to trade currencies, but we're almost out of that now.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There are three types of trading sessions – the European, American and Asian (for example, Forex strategy ProFx trades during European and American sessions). And four variants of Forex trading hours – New York opens its trading time at 8 am and closes at 5 pm, Tokyo is open from 7 pm to 4 am, Sydney from 5 pm to 2 am and London is up from 3 am to noon. All in EST. So what do we see? All the markets are not round-the-clock but available for us to go into different markets and trade from morning till another morning. What Forex market hours are you fitting into depends on many things like your trading style, currency pairs you are trading and so on.

Read more in full version of article.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

the best trading software http://tradingsolution.info/

i have attended a lot of seminars, read counless books on forex trading and it all cost me thousands of dollars. the worst thing was i blew up my first account. after that i opened another account and the same thing happened again. i started to wonder why i couldn,t make any money in forex trading. at first i thought i knew everything about trading. finally i found that the main problem i have was i did not have the right mental in trading. as we know that psychology has great impact on our trading result. apart from psychology issue, there is another problem that we have to address. they are money management, market analysis, and entry/exit rules. to me money management is important in trading. i opened another account and start to trade profitably after i learnt from my past mistake. i don't trade emotionally anymore.

if you are serious about trading you need to address your weakness and try to fix it. no forex guru can make you Professional trader unless you want to learn from your mistake.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Last hour is best for trading all other time is very danger for lost money.

• 4 years ago

foreign places funds is 24/5... because of the fact it works with the money from diverse figuring out to purchase and promoting training arround the worldwide... because of the fact of that... the bigets markets are us of a and Europe... so the mejor hours are from 12am EST to 2pm EST cheers

• 9 years ago

As mentioned already I find the best time is the NY London overlap

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Any time is best if you make money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.