does heating honey make it toxic?

Update:

this is what I found...

Heating honey destroys the beneficial properties and promotes decay of the invertase- the main bee enzyme. According to many sources, honey should never be heated above 40°С (104°F).

According to Ayurveda, when honey is heated above 108° Fahrenheit, it becomes transformed into a glue-like substance that is extremely difficult to digest. This substance is considered a toxin (ama), since it adheres to the tissues of the body and is very difficult to remove. Many incompatible food combinations produce toxins, but heated honey is one of the most difficult forms to cleanse. Furthermore, not only does heating honey make it toxic and increase ama, but new research also indicates that most of the benefits of honey -- a variety of amino acids, enzymes, minerals, fatty acids and carbohydrates -- are destroyed by the application of heat. Furthermore, heated honey can be mucus forming. Therefore, Ayurveda recommends raw, unprocessed honey.

Update 2:

Please, if you are going to answer, provide some background for your answer.

thank you!!! :)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

• Nathan
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I've never heard of that before. What happens if you put honey in your tea? It gets heated to damn near 100 degrees Celsius and there no ill effects.

What about honey roasted stuff? That gets heated to well over 40 degrees. Sounds like crap to me.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.