Survey : Are Spiders getting bigger ?

whens the last time one threw you out.

I had one in the house the other day that was 4 foot across.

It threw me out

Hahaha. Traditionally September is the time of year when will start seeing big Common house spiders (or Tagernaria) in the bath and scurrying across the carpet. These are males coming indoors looking for females to mate with. It's a common sight between now and the end of January.

I call them all Fred. I have visiting Fred and he is a biggie. If he was not so big he would be living outside because I would have put him there. I haven't seen him for a few days or nights as he took his usual route across the carpet to meet Freda. Did she eat him? I have noticed out door Freds don't seem to take as much notice of us as they used to. Although I am not a fan of Freds' I am fascinated by their webs wondering why buildings are no designed in the same way, nowadays they don't rush off and scurry away into the bush. UK so a bush is a leafy miniature nest of trees not in the outback.

• It's those bloody brown house spiders ~ they are big!

Had to evict one last night, but there have been about 7 over the last two weeks ~ current theory is that it's the same two {one is slightly larger} constantly coming back in search of the elusive female!

• Del

The ones we get are massive and the change in the weather this time of year brings them into the house. I swear they have tattoos baseball bats and everything lol! I was rinsing the kitchen sink today and screamed like a banshee cos a fecking big spider came out the drain to get me, I'm terrified of the bloody things lmao! :)

• OMG the other day my mum saw a BIG spider so the answer is true

I throw them all out Ian. The difficulty is getting all those arms up their backs in order to eject them for none payment of rent.

@Quizard- Ooooh! I'm female *prepares for woo-ing from a male spider*

Spiders getting bigger? Don't be ridiculous! That's the dumbest thing I've ev.... OH MY GOD!! THAT SPIDER JUST ATE MY DOG!!!!!!

I have one taking up the whole bath, he's massive.

He threw me out this morning for excessive blowing off after my beer and vindaloo last night.

• luna

Hi,

Yes, indeed they are only recently I gave 2 of them their marching orders but I spent the night in the summer house, not them.