So if people do not need to eat meat anymore what are they supposed to eat?

in sub zero conditions or high temperatures. I see too many answers in the section thinking that it is so easy to grow vegetables and other non meat options but what happens when you live in mountains or barren areas. Do people pick up sticks and leave, they tried to do that with Plains Native Americans and... show more in sub zero conditions or high temperatures. I see too many answers in the section thinking that it is so easy to grow vegetables and other non meat options but what happens when you live in mountains or barren areas.

Do people pick up sticks and leave, they tried to do that with Plains Native Americans and look what happened there. Forced to eat their own ****, suffering, disease and death to their culture as they could not make a living from hunter/gatherer to farmer.

Is it beyond some people that there are many cultures/people that still survive on meat for a reason. How can they be so self absorbed to think otherwise.

Again anyone using abusive language will be reported, hoping for more mature approch!!
Update: I know people are designed to have an varied diet, however it seems a common answer on this site for defence to "not eating meat" beause they think we no longer need it.
Update 2: Ann C - Alaska, Inuits and Sami people in Norway among a few who still live on basic living and many parts of Africa still live traditionally. There is even many in Mongolia too. So there is plenty of people, I do not think you needed to ask me but maybe other people do not interest you!!! If you learn about... show more Ann C - Alaska, Inuits and Sami people in Norway among a few who still live on basic living and many parts of Africa still live traditionally. There is even many in Mongolia too. So there is plenty of people, I do not think you needed to ask me but maybe other people do not interest you!!! If you learn about them you will appreciate them a bit more then maybe you will learn to appreciate other people too closer to you.
Update 3: @Jen D - Do not get me wrong I find that vegtables are improtant part of our daily lives, I do not know what I would do without most things you describe. Like I said I eat a varied diet with more vegtables than meat, which it should be. So not dissing vegtables at all, people should be eatting more, going to grow... show more @Jen D - Do not get me wrong I find that vegtables are improtant part of our daily lives, I do not know what I would do without most things you describe. Like I said I eat a varied diet with more vegtables than meat, which it should be. So not dissing vegtables at all, people should be eatting more, going to grow many next year YUM YUM
Update 4: They may keep well but grown on barren land that is made up of rocks than fertile ground and you have a small window to grow them!!!
Update 5: @Blahblue - Your right I am not a person that lives like these people however I do not like the way some people here regard omnivores. I do have a choice between being omnivore and vegetarian but again it is down to personal opinion and where you live. I do not believe having meat in your diet is a problem as... show more @Blahblue - Your right I am not a person that lives like these people however I do not like the way some people here regard omnivores. I do have a choice between being omnivore and vegetarian but again it is down to personal opinion and where you live. I do not believe having meat in your diet is a problem as long as you choose wisely. I do not heat my house other than using a fire and I work out in all weathers so naturally I am bigger but I can survive in minus conditions at work, I need the energy I can get (fat reserves) to live (not fat by the way). I can not afford heating and live in remote Highlands where weather is harsh and my job is very demanding not for the faint hearted put it that way. Even if I was not, I would still like people to act like rational human beings than slandering me for being an omnivore. I am sure veg/vegans hate it when people slag them off so it works both ways.

I am trying to make a point that choosing vegetarian for the world is not that sim