Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do liberals call themselves "free thinkers" when they all believe the same thing?

Theyre all indoctrinated with the same politically correct propaganda and leftist rhetoric. Do they think not being a conservative automatically makes them a "free thinker".

Favorite Answer

That is very true. They all claim they have their own policies, but they all think the same.

When Biden called us, Tea Party patriots, terrorists they all jumped in the band wagon and started calling us that.

• Annie

Kinda like cons?

I'm an independent, it would appear we are the only folks that can think for ourselves without being told by our party what we believe.

Actually, "freethinker" is a term used mostly with regard to religious dogma, not politics.

I don't call myself a freethinker. However, I call myself a thinker, in that I use critical thinking to form my opinions. I look at a lot of information from both sides. Yes, I do have a certain inherent liberal attitude, but I do not follow lockstep with every idea or political dogma.

lib·er·al/ˈlib(ə)rəl/

Adjective: Open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

Noun: A person of liberal views.

con·serv·a·tive/kənˈsərvətiv/

Adjective: Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in politics or religion.

Noun: A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in politics.

By definition, liberals are freer thinkers. We don’t think we’re “free thinkers” because we’re “liberal.” We’re liberal because we’re free thinkers.

We’re just not SOOOO open that we’re willing to consider screwing the middle-class and the poor so that the corporate elite can continue to extract all our wealth.

You've never been to a liberal forum before, have you? You'd be hard pressed to find 2 liberals that completely agree on anything.

Signed, A Liberal.

Huh? I KNOW all Liberals don't believe the same things.

"I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will

Rogers

It is my observation that when a 'Liberal' declares to be a "free thinker" or "opened minded" what is about to happen is that 'your' opinion/idea is about to be 'negated' by their opinion/idea!

Often while espousing the value of 'free speech' !

I will admit that both Conservatives and Liberals are guilty of such tactics, however, it seems that Libs often deny the 'hypocrisy' in a much louder voice!

I believe that Human kind will achieve immortality by becoming a machine race, then mastering the entire universe, causeing the universe to implode in upon itself - creating pure energy and then achieving deity.

• Green

They don't all think the same thing, it is just that you have been exposed repeatedly by various propaganda outlets that we do.

People are rather diverse, despite what political title they claim for themselves.

• Strega

LOL, really that was funny since you sound exactly like "all" conservatives....

dopededope, gosh I can't figure out how that works...wait... got it...

Project much?