Would you take a lie detector test to keep your job?

One time, the management of a casino I was working in announced they had decided that all of the employees would have to take a lie detector test. Mandatory. No exceptions. A few employees got really upset. Quit their jobs rather than take the lie detector. Said they could not work in a place where they were... show more One time, the management of a casino I was working in announced they had decided that all of the employees would have to take a lie detector test. Mandatory. No exceptions.

A few employees got really upset. Quit their jobs rather than take the lie detector. Said they could not work in a place where they were not trusted.

And before my turn came up, the boss called me into her office. Shut the door. And asked me directly whether or not I was willing to take that test. I kind of think she would have quietly made some kind of arrangement to excuse me, if the test upset me. I know I was a valued employee. Over the years. I had received little perks and rewards for a job well done.

Anyway, I told her that once when I was having a problem with dizzy spells, I had had an EEG to try to determine the cause. That had been an interesting experience So, I looked forward to this test as another experience. I wasn't afraid of it, as I am honest, have never done anything wrong.

And then, when the results came in, boss called me into her office to read my results. Inside my folder was one sheet of paper. It said "Probably the most honest employee you have."

Would you willingly take that test? Or would you get upset and quit rather than take it?