Do you get free dog poop bags?

Do you get them free from local authorities where you live?

Can you get them free in England at post office the same as in Scotland?

Is there any advantage to using non-biodegradable bags?
Update: I get mine from Post office free, (or as part of council tax that we all pay). I think it's a great idea, and if i see someone not picking up, i give them a hand full of mine, so they have no excuse not to. If i payed for them, i would not be handing out heaps to irresponsible owners when claim they forget to buy... show more I get mine from Post office free, (or as part of council tax that we all pay).

I think it's a great idea, and if i see someone not picking up, i give them a hand full of mine, so they have no excuse not to.

If i payed for them, i would not be handing out heaps to irresponsible owners when claim they forget to buy them.
Update 2: WHY SHOULD I PAY COUNCIL TAX AND BUY THEM. IF you live in USA where some people think the rest of the world is the same, don't try and TELL me i should not use a service that i pay for already. It makes you look ignorant and a know it all. I bet most of you don't even have the guts to hand over free bags to... show more WHY SHOULD I PAY COUNCIL TAX AND BUY THEM.

IF you live in USA where some people think the rest of the world is the same, don't try and TELL me i should not use a service that i pay for already.
It makes you look ignorant and a know it all.

I bet most of you don't even have the guts to hand over free bags to someone and suggest they pick up after there dog as i do.